Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January
Quote | Reply
ommunity

I know this forum can have its ups and downs. But your input and banter does have influence and I hope this stem can get on your good side. It is in final 3d printed stage and samples will be manufactured soon. Then test riding begins. The joy of being Taiwan based is I get to be in the factory to watch each step of the process and will record it for future use. As well as the ability to push the factories and watch machine/fatigue testing first hand.

There are alot of things I can't share openly yet as I am patenting 1 more feature/add on to the stem and also as a smaller brand, my time to market versus the big boys is based on purchase size and being prioritized in the factorys production line. so the less my competitors know the better til its production ready therefore, please forgive me for being skimp on some of the details til full details are released in Jan/Feb.

I will start taking pictures of bikes 1 bike per week leading up to the release and will show how different bikes look in their standard or current set up then with this stem assembled. I will keep uploading those pics here so keep coming back and checking on this thread.

First build. My own frame(forgive the stack, I am not as flexible as I once was) On a Culprit Croz Blade aero road bike with top tube cable entry. Di2 hydro disc brakes and currently a 3 port junction box, but a 5 port will also fit inside the stem.

Before and after pics

This frame model with mechanical shifter before and after will be posted by weeks end.
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Nov 24, 16 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bikerumor post on Culprit new stem

https://www.bikerumor.com/...ro-stem/#more-144187

additional pics of mechanical shifting set up

Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the stem be able to accommodate a blip box? You website indicates yes but the article you linked in your post says no.

Also an update on timing you can share?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hard to see in the pictures, what is the bar clamp setup (bolt position/number)

Looks pretty good overall.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry originally Yes but adding stiffness and more material to sidewall so when I get next cnc sample that passes en testing will confirm if blip box can still fit. Safety first. Sorry.

Date, when it passes testing. New cnc samples is slower than a carbon layup. Hope to get next samples in 7-8 weeks

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Needs a 50 mm bar bore clamping area.

Aero bar attaches to bar bore clamp.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Aero bar attaches to bar bore clamp

Can you please explain visually?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow. Samples are in booth. Will post pics to fb tomorrow morning tw time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked FB and too bad they do not seem to be able to mount under the bar. Too much stack as my bars are slammed and I can't be any higher in the front while in aero position.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry no undergoing option right now. Aerobar attaches to bar bore. But few options for aerobars on aerodrop bars.

Vision just launched a new aero road bar with bolt through aerobar attachment like my original blktec bars but they didn't show a below option. Only above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An inline solution would be fine as well especially if the tops are aero like the Zipp because you would use the armrests or no armrest with a shorty style extension.

Would be good to see what Vision came up with. I have searched the net and not seen a picture yet.

If the tops are wide enough you do not really need the armrests. I understand your position as you can use your system with a drop bar or basebar and the new stem. I like what I see but you know what I am truly after. Only want it for an aero drop bar.

I do see your stem on my bike in the near future. Do you have a rough idea of the weight of the stem. 200g, above or below.
Last edited by: BMANX: Mar 23, 17 9:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update on this stem?

I'm looking for a solution for hiding my blip box and this seems like the perfect solution.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Havent tried to fit blip box yet.

Its now working and will launch on indigogo mid Oct for pre order.

Currently riding the 110mm sample

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks nice ---- tririg needs some competition....

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true as competition leads to more innovation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fyi

Current weight for 110mm is around 344-350 g assembled full cnc with 3d printed cover. Production when funded on indigogo will be forged and cncd so will work more on weight reduction as forging will be stronger. We first wanted to ensure it can be made safely.

Its similar to new profile designs weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other than cable management. Does an aero stem like this matter if I'm on the aerobars with a BTA bottle?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really hard to say.

If your using stack on your aerobars and BTA is higher then will be faster. If your using a BTA that drops lower like Torhans in front of stem, I can't say for sure.

We tested stem only on aerobars, drop bars in the tunnel versus normal stems with mechanical and di2 and found that stem was faster. But didn't have the funds or time to test other set ups such as your requesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, well the copy on your website suggests it'll hide a blip box...

Either way, I'll keep an eye out for the pre-orders.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeremyb wrote:
Other than cable management. Does an aero stem like this matter if I'm on the aerobars with a BTA bottle?

If your stem is at all exposed, it will help. Aero stems provide a tangible benefit. MORF has some data on this though it's not mine to share.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever happened to you making that superbike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [ou8acracker2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Plane Frameworks Instagram :) (note: final bike will have a much larger area around the bottom bracket similar to the new Cube Aerium)

Currently waiting on the fork to transit the Pacific.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have added material ie wall thickness to pass en. This has thus reduced inside area slightly and I don't own etap. My video maker does and will bring when we do filming so can check then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A stem means nothing if it's hidden behind a Torhans or other bta bottle.

jeremyb wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Culprit Bicycles Aero stem thread- teasers til January [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, I didnt think so. So it seems more suited to the roadie than the triathlon market.

Quote Reply

Prev Next