Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [SPROSCIA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SPROSCIA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
One of the videos of the explosions she's runners and I swear the hoyts are right there when it goes off.

There is runner pushing another adult in a jogger but it wasn't clear enough to recognize them.

Anyone else see that?

Saw this posted which said it was the Hoyt's but Im not sure https://twitter.com/...269357920258/photo/1

Was NOT them - they just passed us at the 38K mark after the explosion, shortly before they closed the course. I was finished much earlier, before the explosions.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boston globe reporting >100 being treated. no details on severity. The wall st journal has a live stream from twitter/ other sources that is very useful.

Thoughts & prayers to all ST'rs up there.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure the video I watched that showed one of the explosions showed a race clock at 4:09.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [mtbke15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is good... secondary and tertiary devices can be command detonated by cell phone

mtbke15 wrote:
Cell-phone networks have been shut down in the downtown area - from the press conference police commissioner. Text messages and i-messages are the best way to communicate.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Reports of Marathon Runners that crossed finish line and continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to victims." -NBC Sports

When your legs get tired, run with your heart
http://tritofinishchris.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it seems to me that this happened between 4:45 and 4:50 into the race, yes?

Finish line clock showed 4:09. I'm assuming that's from the start of the normal race (not the elites).

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was afraid of this... I heard the two dead quote but then after seeing the blast on video and the post blast pics of all the blood on the ground I was fearful it would be much worse. thoughts and prayers.

bartturner wrote:
NyPost is reporting that 12 are dead

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics/vid from the blast show 4:09 on the race clock. Probably still a few thousand people on the course, and the finish line had a lot of people crossing during the blast. At least a couple of those runners looked like that had, at the least, minor injuries.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [chris-alfonso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, that got me choked up. respect.

chris-alfonso wrote:
"Reports of Marathon Runners that crossed finish line and continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to victims." -NBC Sports

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine and my wife's phones are working again, so the shutdown's probably lifted at least for the outer communities.

---------------------------

No fancy slogans, just results.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know if they're Slowtwitchers, but all of the members of Team Rev3 that were out there (Jordan, Chris, Lauren, and Eric) all are safe. Trying to track down the last of people from Maine.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got an email from STer ronslack; he and his wife (3:12 and 3:24) are OK and back at their hotel room.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was at a bar in Newton post race and it came across the news at exactly 3pm Boston time. So probably happened 5 or 10 minutes before that.

So 4:15 into the race for the wave 2 starters and a little under 4 hours into the race for the wave 3 starters.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [yournotunique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, so that means 2:09pm local time, took a little while to get across the news then.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Mad Jee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is from the Brookline PD:

Runners shelter has been opened at 1187 Beacon. Runners can get phone access and medical help

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Google search page for Boston Marathon people:

http://google.org/...3-boston-explosions/

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [BrianRunsPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you're okay & Safe.

My prayers to all!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*PSA*

To anyone that's displaced or without gear or just needs a spot to hang/crash, I can offer up space in my room at the Hilton (western end of boylston). I may/may not be departing this evening, but would gladly offer it up, whether I stay or not. PM me if you or someone you know has such a need.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Khyron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i took a screenshot of that headline, including the whole top of the fold, which included an ad that said, "reputation alert: see what people are saying about your business." the nypost is going waaaay out on a limb here, with everything it's reporting as of now. it sure better be right, or else that ad will be ironic.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Khyron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

CNN just said the police do not have any person of interest.

When your legs get tired, run with your heart
http://tritofinishchris.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Mad Jee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mad Jee wrote:
I was at a bar in Newton post race and it came across the news at exactly 3pm Boston time. So probably happened 5 or 10 minutes before that.

So 4:15 into the race for the wave 2 starters and a little under 4 hours into the race for the wave 3 starters.

I'd say it was almost right at 2:50pm, local time. I looked at my watch a minute or so before it happened. I believe the clock (that everyone is wondering about) was adjusted to the 10:40 wave start. If you went out at 10:40, then you were roughly 4:09-4:10 into the race.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

CNN just disputed this report and quoted a Boston official as saying "We don't know where they got that report."

Again, take the NYP for what it is worth.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NYPost also seems to be the only site reporting 12 dead.
Quote Reply

Prev Next