Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was the first mother-pushing-daughter combo. They were interviewed this morning on the local CBS feed.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [.david.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boston Globe reporting 64 injured being treated at four hospitals across the city

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
One of the videos of the explosions she's runners and I swear the hoyts are right there when it goes off.

There is runner pushing another adult in a jogger but it wasn't clear enough to recognize them.

Anyone else see that?

Saw this posted which said it was the Hoyt's but Im not sure https://twitter.com/...269357920258/photo/1

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whar happened to the runners still out on the course?
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears the explosion came from, or right outside marathon sports. Absolutely horrific...Im so sorry for those affected by this.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Boston Marathon (from their Facebook feed)
The Family Meeting Area has been moved to Boston Common. Runners are being directed there to meet friends and family. City of Boston assets have been deployed to assist runners at the Common.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Effing terrorists. What next?
A logistical nightmare for everyone on top of the horror of the injured and dead. What do they do with the runners out of the course still?
Also keep in mind now there are runners that can't get their checked bags, which probably had their cell phones. People must be going insane. I know I have received 29 phone calls and no idea how many texts since the bombs went off.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [crolson24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marathon/Ironman finishing areas are about to change forever.

First of all, my thoughts/prayer to all the injuried and their families. Also to Dave McGillivray and his team at DMSE, who put the race on for the BAA. The job of race direction of events this scale, and maybe even smaller just changed forever. It's terrible.

I naively thought that our endurance sports events were safe or immune to this sort of thing. The innocence is gone now.

A sad day.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Police chief confirmed an explosion at JFK library.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [BrianRunsPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People are being encouraged to TEXT not call your friends / loved ones. Keep that in mind...
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran today and was out of the city about an hour before it happened.

I know ST'er Printer86 was running too, Pat if you see this drop us all a note that you're safe.

A good friend works for the BAA and was near the finish but she is safe.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The google person finder is now up.

http://google.org/...3-boston-explosions/
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know probably 50 people there to either race or spectate. Thankfully most have checked in ok. And we are really thankful one friend who was there to run got sick so my friend he was staying with, who lives at mile 25, didn't go to their usual spot to spectate - right where the explosions occurred.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [geekeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good god, how will they get in contact with their families? This is horrible. I understand the reason, but what a way to add more stress to this situation.

From their Facebook feed:

The Boston Marathon
Streets within the Back Bay, including those of our post-race area remain under lock down. If you're a runner in today's race unable to retrieve your bag from a baggage bus in Back Bay, you will not be able to retrieve your bag today. It will remain in our secure possession and we will provide you more information as it becomes available.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My niece plays lacrosse for BU and was as mile 25 spectating, and is fortunately okay. Just hope this all doesn't start yet another war!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the best news feed I've seen, including a live HD shot of the explosion next to the finish line:

http://live.boston.com/...ion_in_Copley_Square
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Live just outside of Boston and just heard all cell phone networks have been shut down in the city to prevent possible remote detonations.

If you can't reach loved ones, try to stay calm and be patient. Easier said than done, I know.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just finished the press conference.

2 bombs (the ones we know about)
1 controlled explosion
1 explosion/fire at JFK library that they are treating as related
They are treating all bags left on course as suspicious.
If you have any information that could lead to an arrest, you're supposed to call 1-800-494-TIPS (the crimestoppers line)
The bruins game has been cancelled
They are advising people in the city to avoid large crowds and to stay in your hotel room.
They explicitly didn't give an updated casulty count.
They are looking for a truck, but don't have a specific make/model.
They didn't have any forewarnings in the weeks leading up to the event.

I don't think they mentioned whether a suspect was in custody or not.
TSN just said that the "suspect in custody" story was not very credible, but hasn't been disproven.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Apr 15, 13 14:07
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Mad Jee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cell-phone networks have been shut down in the downtown area - from the press conference police commissioner. Text messages and i-messages are the best way to communicate.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is so horrific. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheJeff wrote:
Prayers going out.
If anyone knows John Barganier or Robbie Sandlin, both from Montgomery, AL, and both finishing right around the 3hr mark, and knows anything about them, please reply.
John and Robbie are both safe. Praying for the families of the victims.

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So sad that there is such evil out there. Thoughts and prayers to all the victims and families.

Did I see a runner stopping her watch seconds after the explosion as she crossed the finish.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the updates, guys. i must say you're all as good as the boston globe's blog. i'm eager to hear that slowtwitchers who did the race are safe. please post if/when you know of another one among our own has been verified safe.

it seems to me that this happened between 4:45 and 4:50 into the race, yes? and, i haven't heard any reports that anyone participating in the race was injured, rather that spectators, or pedestrians, proximate to the bombs were the victims. if anyone has heard any different, please ping me via email, slowman@ the domain you'd expect.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NyPost is reporting that 12 are dead
Quote Reply

Prev Next