Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're going to state "facts" please leave a credible source.

Instagram or twitter me softly @xatefrogg
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reporting of a 3rd device that was detonated in a controlled device. 2 dead/23 injured. One explosion was right at the finish at around 4:09 race time and the other looked to be 4-6 blocks up the road. Boston news types on the scene said that it happened outside in trash cans.

Feds are saying its clear its a bomb--multiple portable devices--not car bombs

Many "walking wounded" being reported now...

Horrible....

Both of my boys appear to be safe....

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Instagram or twitter me softly @xatefrogg
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the above info from abc live news feed

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boston PD reporting Copley place near the footbridge has suspicious device, stay clear of the area.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Last edited by: chainpin: Apr 15, 13 13:28
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [323Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
323Runner wrote:
BrianRunsPhilly wrote:
I was in the finish chute when the bombs went off, maybe 100 yards from me. Still have not heard from one friend. Prayers to everyone in Boston. Sitting in my hotel, had a bad case of the shakes when I saw the video on TV.

Glad you are safe. I hope folks like you who were close have enough info to share with authorities to catch whoever is responsible.
Honestly, we heard a boom, turned around and saw the second explosion. I feel really sick right now. No word from my friend cervelorider but his girlfriend is safe. Phone service is very spotty now.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [BrianRunsPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap glad you are OK.

Any one hear from nad from Austin Tx - one of the womens who was running today?

Ap

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [323Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
323Runner wrote:
BrianRunsPhilly wrote:
I was in the finish chute when the bombs went off, maybe 100 yards from me. Still have not heard from one friend. Prayers to everyone in Boston. Sitting in my hotel, had a bad case of the shakes when I saw the video on TV.

Glad you are safe. I hope folks like you who were close have enough info to share with authorities to catch whoever is responsible.

+1 ...my heart goes out to everyone who are being affected by this tragedy....

Formerly known SCENERYNW
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local news now (NBC 7) reported ....

Reporters have been pushed back "way back" from the scene. Police treating the situation as still active.

Senior intelligence officials report ... total of 2 additional discovered + 2 blown explosive devices in the area.

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is terrible! Makes me sick to my stomach actually! I don't know what else to say...
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My training partner and his neighbors were volunteering at the finish line. He just texted me and they are all ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NY Post has a breaking headline that there is a suspect under guard at a Boston hospital.

That is all they have....no details or story. Just a headline.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prayers said for all people there and those helping to protect and save lives.

One picture I saw shows 3 police officers immediately walking towards the explosion site to help. It reminds me of how brave they are.

THANK YOU!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking down on the area of Huntington and Belvidere (just east of Mass ave) from my hotel room. They're pushing people out of the area and there's suddenly a huge police presence. They're planning a press conf at the Westin, just up the street, but they're definitely driving people west of this area. I'd advise staying clear of this area.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friends, Sam & Hannah, from Baton Rouge, are both reported to be safe.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New York Post says suspect identified and being guarded in hospital.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boston PD reporting they found two unexploded devices in the area

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
NY Post has a breaking headline that there is a suspect under guard at a Boston hospital.

Yeah I would not trust the NYPost much... at least until someone else corroborates.

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this was a sick joke. This is the farthest thing from my mind when I think about running. That scene reminds me of Iraq. Marathon/Ironman finishing areas are about to change forever.

Quote | Reply
Boston PD reporting they found two unexploded devices in the area

Is that in addition to the one that they found and detonated after the first two went off?

Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondavidson wrote:
Power13 wrote:

Yeah I would not trust the NYPost much... at least until someone else corroborates.

No doubt....but it is news and out there. People can use their best judgement re: the value. NYP is reporting 12 dead and 50 injured. Most other outlets are reporting 2 dead and 23 injured, but CNN just said the death toll is "rising" but have not put out a new number.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Effing terrorists. What next?
A logistical nightmare for everyone on top of the horror of the injured and dead. What do they do with the runners out of the course still?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran the race with Mrs Bob Loblaw. Aka positivesplits. We finished before the explosion and are fine. All members of Wissahickon Wanderers accounted for and ok.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [crolson24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the videos of the explosions she's runners and I swear the hoyts are right there when it goes off.

There is runner pushing another adult in a jogger but it wasn't clear enough to recognize them.

Anyone else see that?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not the Hoyts. I'm watching http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/ and they said they are people they know.
Quote Reply

Prev Next