Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [gttri15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [gttri15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [chrisodg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's reports of ball bearings found near the explosions. Shrapnel.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [riltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
riltri wrote:
Eye witness interviewed on ABC News says she saw people with severed limbs. Sick bastards!

Thoughts and prayers to all. BUT, sick bastards? Is there some sort of confirmation out there that this was deliberate? I've not seen anything, just wondering why some have posted blaming it on terrorists, or people when we know nothing at this point?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [riltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
recapping

2 explosions at finish line on Boylston Street ... in front of marathon store

explosions were off the race.... on the sidewalk and injuries appear to have been to spectators

reports of injuries appear to be severe but to a 22 people and 2 dead... reports of several entering Mass Gen. Hosp

All Boston police ahve been told to report

report of a fire at JFK library

OBama has been notified. Admin has been told to provide whatever

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
chris-alfonso wrote:
This is horrible! Who would do such a thing!

Cowards. Evil cowards.

No, not coward... sociopath is the word you're looking for.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife ran the last 2 years, she decided not to run this year. Her family is related to the owner of Marathon sports where the explosion occurred, and her parents and my 2 kids (5 and 8) would usually watch the finish from the storefront while I leapfrogged along the course on my bike. I'm queasy just thinking about it...they'd have been right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [IronHoosier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronHoosier wrote:
riltri wrote:
Eye witness interviewed on ABC News says she saw people with severed limbs. Sick bastards!

Thoughts and prayers to all. BUT, sick bastards? Is there some sort of confirmation out there that this was deliberate? I've not seen anything, just wondering why some have posted blaming it on terrorists, or people when we know nothing at this point?
Thanks.

There is no indication whatsoever at this point who is responsible.

But two explosions happened 20 seconds apart at the finish line. A 3rd device was found undetonated, and set off in a controlled explosion by the bomb team. So, it seems unquestionable that this was indeed a deliberate attack.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [IronHoosier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronHoosier wrote:
riltri wrote:

Thanks.

Local Boston station reporting FEMA director just said he does not know the cause of the explosions. There have been controlled explosions of other packages, but given the fact that people are panicking and probably dropping backpacks right and left, that isn't surprising. Washington DC has now gone on heighten alert.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [geekeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huntersville/Charlotte folks:

Sanborn family, Bear Robinson's family, and the McGeough family are ok. Any know of others who were racing and can confirm?

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

That is horrible! So sorry for all those people that were hurt or killed. That is the last thing anyone should expect to happen to them while particpating or watching a marathon. I can't write what I would do to the person(s) responsible.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [geekeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jake Hernandez, the shoe guru at Tribe was there running Boston. Reports on Facebook have him and his family (Including their 6 month old daughter) as being ok, he finished in 3:09 so was out of there before explosions.

Just sickening and so fucking stupid.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [SBR_bestgoodbad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Husband decided not to run Boston this year even after he BQ'd at St. George.

I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am.

Shocked and I can only hope that loss and damage are as minimal as possible. Such a horrible thing for such a day that was supposed to be celebratory.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [MrsTiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NY Post saying that 13 people are dead :(
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rachel (Run Like a Mother) is OK -- finished in 3:03 and was clear of the area (looks like the explosions went off around 4:09 race time).

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prayers going out.
If anyone knows John Barganier or Robbie Sandlin, both from Montgomery, AL, and both finishing right around the 3hr mark, and knows anything about them, please reply.

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife talked to STer jryan, he and his group are OK, finished well before the explosion

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [aTomic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in the finish chute when the bombs went off, maybe 100 yards from me. Still have not heard from one friend. Prayers to everyone in Boston. Sitting in my hotel, had a bad case of the shakes when I saw the video on TV.
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [BrianRunsPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man, glad youre ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrianRunsPhilly wrote:
I was in the finish chute when the bombs went off, maybe 100 yards from me. Still have not heard from one friend. Prayers to everyone in Boston. Sitting in my hotel, had a bad case of the shakes when I saw the video on TV.

Wow....glad you are OK.

Stay safe.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ssn759co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ssn759co wrote:
Rachel (Run Like a Mother) is OK -- finished in 3:03 and was clear of the area (looks like the explosions went off around 4:09 race time).

My friend texted Rachel right after the explosion. She said she heard it and was now driving away. So she's out of the area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
really glad you're safe.

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrianRunsPhilly wrote:

Glad you are safe. I hope folks like you who were close have enough info to share with authorities to catch whoever is responsible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm fine. Just heard from KAlber that he and wife are okay.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

It didn't look like that from the video footage, the runners and volunteers lining the route just in front of the blast didn't appear to be hit.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply

Prev Next