Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice edit!

Have a good weekend everyone. Hope they get that guy!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
......and exactly what will Boston do that would be so different than any other city?

I'm not trying to argue, but I thought about this today. Essentially, why do I think Boston is different? I'm not from Boston, I'm from the South. I don't recall ever being in Boston.

Two things came to mind. First, Boston plays an important role in the history of our country. That role involved telling an overwhelming power to get stuffed because they were sick of their shit. Second, to some extent, my image of a guy from Boston still retains a stereotype - Irish descent, big drinker, devoted to his neighborhood and tough as shit. That's all being very aware of how Boston really is now.

That said, I think it's understandable that people's reaction might involve some sense of "Don't Fuck with Boston." I don't think the nation would be saying that about my town, Portland, Miami, Minneapolis or plenty of other large cities. Maybe Philly, maybe Texas - but Boston is sort of different.

I don't know that they'll "do" anything differently, but that doesn't change my reaction.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got him
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 19, 13 19:00
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [GregT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GregT wrote:
Got him

-----

Really,how did he do that exactly?

-----
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [GregT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, great work by the authorities to get him, alive.

Now let's hope we can get some answers, and some closure for all those affected.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you just got your stupid question answered..

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coopdog wrote:
I think you just got your stupid question answered..

---

No,I got a great response from someone who actually put some thought into his reply..Maybe you should have done the same but perhaps that would be too much to ask..

----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just stick to what your good at, complaining about the lack of pro purses, bashing the WTC and telling everyone how bad it is today compared to the "good old days"... blah, blah, blah...

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coopdog wrote:
Just stick to what your good at, complaining about the lack of pro purses, bashing the WTC and telling everyone how bad it is today compared to the "good old days"... blah, blah, blah...

---

Thank you for telling me what you think I should do but please don't be too sad when I ignore your advice....

----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coopdog wrote:

Don't forget the need to mention "Felix" at least once a day, if not several times a day
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
coopdog wrote:

Don't forget the need to mention "Felix" at least once a day, if not several times a day

-----

So the boys all come out try to give me a hard time..That is so sweet and just shows how that folks like you can't accept different opinions on certain subjects..Small minded people at best.

---
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at pictures of last night's celebration in Boston, and the tributes to all of those affected by the tragedy.

As a proud Canadian, I have to admit that nobody beats Americans for knowing how to overcome adversity and come together in difficult times.

You are amazing people!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to admit that nobody beats Americans for knowing how to overcome adversity and come together in difficult times.

I've been fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to directly witness the tsunami here in Thailand, the war in Syria and the tsunami in Japan and have been impressed by each of those countries ability to overcome adversity. I don't think it is at all limited to any country and is really more of a human spirit.

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Can we just get away from the ST argumentative mode at least on this thread for at least a few days. Of course there is not right city to "pick" on, but you get the point. He was trying to prop up the morale of the citizens of Boston. Let's just move on in a positive way now. Those bombers already hammered the city, lives of innocent people and took a piece of the soul of the endurance sports world. We don't need useless divisive debate to layer on top of this.

Then for once I'd like to see him NOT go with a hackneyed cliche of a speech, and speak from the heart. I'd get much more out of that than another glib, canned response churned out by the writers.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I have to admit that nobody beats Americans for knowing how to overcome adversity and come together in difficult times.

I've been fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to directly witness the tsunami here in Thailand, the war in Syria and the tsunami in Japan and have been impressed by each of those countries ability to overcome adversity. I don't think it is at all limited to any country and is really more of a human spirit.

Exactly. My companies former owner (South African by birth, actually) was on the beach when the ocean started going out just before the tsunami in Thailand. He extended his vacation by two weeks to help with the initial recovery efforts. It's a human, tribal thing.

Much like the peaceful tribe that used to exist here on ST (And still does in small pockets).

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice message -- Thank you!

I think Canadians are amazing.

I'm Running for Boston this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
Much like the peaceful tribe that used to exist here on ST (And still does in small pockets).

John

Funny you should mention that ... The words "Peaceful Tribe" floated through my head just the other day

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a note to say that I hope the 30 seconds silence from the London Marathon is being reported in Boston. I have never heard 37000 people being so quiet: they pulled all the choppers back and the whole race start just went absolutely silent, with the only sound being traffic noise from the roads a few hundred yards away. It was a true display of solidarity.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if has been mentioned yet, but watching the highlights of the Red Sox game yesterday (first home game since the tragedy)

The Hoyt's took part in the throwing out the first pitch ceremony before the game.
Quote Reply

Prev Next