Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a great post and I am so glad to read that he is ok... And Congrats to him on getting 2nd!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snyderman is OK. He texted me that he was fine after running a 2:59. A sad aftermath to a great run by Snyderman.

Quote | Reply
Khyron wrote:
Saltamontes wrote:
Watching the CNN reports I think I saw Team Hoyt coming thru the finish as the explosion happened

Posted earlier, but I saw them myself while spec'ing at the 38km mark, long after the explosion had happened shortly before they shut it down.

Yea, that wasn't them in the video. The Hoyts were in all blue kit.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
randymar wrote:
Xatefrogg wrote:

Good news story

http://www.heraldnet.com/...from-blast-in-Boston

thanks for posting this, the way he went down I was afraid he had caught some shrapnel. It was the first image I saw of the bombing. My heart goes out to all those affected.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad my family decide to watch me at mile 4 than coming down to pick me up at the finish. Fortunately I had just walked in the door of my in-laws where I am staying near the start when the news hit.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finished very disappointed with my day, hugged my kids and BOOM. I could feel the heat/wind from the blast. Holy shit. Suddenly, I didn't give a rat's ass about a subpar marathon.

-----------------
Dale Stephanos (Formerly PappaD)

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [PappaD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hug them extra tight tonight! glad youre ok!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [PappaD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you're OK, give your kids an extra big hug tonight!

My heart goes out to all those affected by this sick, twisted act of terrorism. Where is this world heading? So sad.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Saltamontes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was running with Team Hoyt. We got stopped at Fenway Park, a mile from the finish. Dick and Rick got a ride back to the hotel. All the Team Hoyt runners are ok. What a senseless act. Who kills 8 year olds?

Dennis
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Helsinki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shit. Just that a friend lost his leg and his bride lost a foot. Jesus.

-----------------
Dale Stephanos (Formerly PappaD)

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmaDablam wrote:
ScrapIronSteve wrote:

They need to take this fuck bring him out in the street and shoot him in the head. Otherwise, these things will continue to happen...
unless people realize there are consequences to their actions..

They should have done the same thing to Richard Jewel. That'll show 'em.

A horrible day for Boston and the USA. On a side note Richard Jewell was innocent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Discovered planted pipe bomb at Centennial Olympic Park during the 1996 Summer Olympic Gamesin Atlanta, Georgia, United Statesand helped evacuate people from the area before the bomb exploded. He was later falsely accused of planting the bomb himself, but was fully exonerated following an investigation conducted by the FBI.
Last edited by: mcycle: Apr 15, 13 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thankfully I finished early and was able to make it out before it all happened. I was eating at the Globe about 45 minutes before then hopped on the train to catch my flight. Didn't know what happened until I got to the airport and got mass amounts of texts/tweets/fb posts seeing if I was ok. I guess my flight was one of the last to be able to leave because when I landed I heard they grounded all the flights out of Logan. I'm still in disbelief over what happened and the fact that I was just there. It's sickening and I hope they get this all figured out soon.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PappaD wrote:

holy shit, i hope they recover well and luckily it wasnt worse! my condolences to your friends.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im sorry. My prayers are with them!

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My club had some 55 members running the marathon. To my knowledge they are all safe and uninjured. I was at my club's water stop at 30k. First time I can remember being happy NOT to have run Boston.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PappaD wrote:

Wow....really sorry to hear that. Truly sad news.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [LostNTransition] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LostNTransition wrote:
Power13 wrote:

CNN just disputed this report and quoted a Boston official as saying "We don't know where they got that report."

Again, take the NYP for what it is worth.

Fox is reporting that they are guarding someone who is 20 with severe burns but "authorities had not determined whether the person was a victim or a perpetrator".

What CNN has to say about this person:

"[Update, 8:55 p.m. ET] A Saudi national with a leg wound was under guard at a Boston hospital in connection with the bombings at the Boston Marathon, but investigators cannot say he is involved at this time and he is not in custody, a law enforcement official said Monday evening."
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/...-marathon/?hpt=hp_t1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man I wasn't there but reading your post I just went up and tucked my kids in one extra time.

Here's a Reddit post with a first hand account from a finish line volunteer.

http://www.reddit.com/...on_at_boston/c9ftn98

Last edited by: baxnelly: Apr 15, 13 19:49
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can a Saudi national not run or spectate or catch shrapnel at the Boston marathon?

stop. just stop.

Richard Jewell, the Central Park Five, etc. wait for it.... they will get to the bottom of this.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little late to this but i wanted to add my 2c

The news of the Boston Marathon bombing makes me sick.

Many of these people, just like you and I, enjoy racing, health, and the sense of community that builds around these events. Many of them who were finishing around the 4 hour mark are weekend warriors and those doing it for the love/thrill of completing a marathon. They are every day people whom share a love of sport.....

I am entering exam period(University) and I cannot force myself to study. I have constant thoughts of the terror that these people must have gone through which could have been me, a friend, a family member....makes me sick to my stomach. These events are supposed to bond people together through the love of a sport!!!!!!

I feel like, though i dont know most of you, that we are all bonded together though our love of sport and competition.
Though we are all competitive and may not be friends come race day, we are one big endurance family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you as well as the civilians, Police, Firemen, Volunteers, and Medics who are doing an outstanding job.
You are the reason i still have faith in humanity.

To everyone --hug your loved ones a little longer tonight as we truly do not know what tomorrow will bring.

---Fellow endurance athlete
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [mcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcycle wrote:
AmaDablam wrote:
ScrapIronSteve wrote:

They need to take this fuck bring him out in the street and shoot him in the head. Otherwise, these things will continue to happen...
unless people realize there are consequences to their actions..

They should have done the same thing to Richard Jewel. That'll show 'em.

A horrible day for Boston and the USA. On a side note Richard Jewell was innocent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Discovered planted pipe bomb at Centennial Olympic Park during the 1996 Summer Olympic Gamesin Atlanta, Georgia, United Statesand helped evacuate people from the area before the bomb exploded. He was later falsely accused of planting the bomb himself, but was fully exonerated following an investigation conducted by the FBI.

That is the point. Jeebus! Are people so fucking thick they need everything in pink.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
can a Saudi national not run or spectate or catch shrapnel at the Boston marathon?

stop. just stop.

Richard Jewell, the Central Park Five, etc. wait for it.... they will get to the bottom of this.

I wasn't implying that he was responsible in any way. I was just pointing out that CNN did have a report about him while others were saying that the story was completely made up. IMO, the perpetrator(s) are unlikely to be amongst the injured. This guy is probably given extra scrutiny, probably erroneously, because of his nationality. That's all.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ryanmalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryanmalf wrote:
To everyone --hug your loved ones a little longer tonight as we truly do not know what tomorrow will bring.

Your whole post--well said.

But to add to this quote here ^ : Do it every single night, because we never truly know what tomorrow will bring ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CeeCee wrote:
Here is a link to Boston people offering places to stay, to runners/families now without hotel rooms:

https://docs.google.com/...p;buffer_share=25647

That made me teary eyed. Many beautiful people out there :)

Quote | Reply
My wife and I had just reunited at our hotel a block from the finish after setting a PR at her very first Boston (3:29:33) when we heard and felt the blasts. Needless to say its put a different twist on what should have been a celebratory evening.

I spent most of the day out at the Riverside station at mile 17 and had just made it to the corner of Boylston to see he go by and was able to snap a pic. Very scary to see that picture of her an 1/8th of mile and only 40 minutes away from what happened.
Quote Reply

Prev Next