Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nutrition from 70.3 to 140.6
Quote | Reply
Can you use the same nutrition for a 140.6 as you used for a 70.3 just keeping the same intake and keep going on the same intervals or is there something else you have to add to the mix?
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition from 70.3 to 140.6 [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need less nutrition in a half than a full. The rate is a little lower to compensate for a little higher intensity and a lot less time on the course.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can comfortably do a half on 2 gels without ever feeling like I am lacking energy. A full however...

I learned a long time ago that the only pertinent information you offer is found within the last sentence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMLE the short answer is yes but YMMV. If you are going less than 11hr, avoid solid food for the whole day, and pack as much gel nutrition onto the bike as you can. tough to stomach it on the run, especially on a hot day. maybe you can take a gu at every 3 miles, and gatorade at every aid station.

the simpler the better and as someone put it to me, the special needs bags is SPECIAL. you shouldn't need it unless the wheels come off . . .

you'll get a hundred different right answers from a hundred different racers, though.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition from 70.3 to 140.6 [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scofflaw wrote:
IMLE the short answer is yes but YMMV. If you are going less than 11hr, avoid solid food for the whole day, and pack as much gel nutrition onto the bike as you can. tough to stomach it on the run, especially on a hot day. maybe you can take a gu at every 3 miles, and gatorade at every aid station.

the simpler the better and as someone put it to me, the special needs bags is SPECIAL. you shouldn't need it unless the wheels come off . . .

you'll get a hundred different right answers from a hundred different racers, though.

That's my approach to half's. If I was doing IM, I would be going easier and eating a little more on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe. it depends on how long you're going to be out there. race day nutrition is completely individualized. consult a sports dietitian to get your race fuel plan dialed.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
Can you use the same nutrition for a 140.6 as you used for a 70.3 just keeping the same intake and keep going on the same intervals or is there something else you have to add to the mix?

A 70.3 is at a much higher intensity than a 140.6 so I cannot take in the same amount of calories/carbs. For example, my HIM caloric intake on the bike is around 250-270 cal/hour. For an IM it's about 400.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply