Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not losing weight, but clothes baggy..
Quote | Reply
I've been trying to drop a couple of kgs, 2 maybe 3, not heaps. I've modified my diet, cut out sugar, beer etc and my training load is increasing as the season approaches. People keep on commenting about how I've lost weight and previously tight clothes hang off me now, had to put in more belt holes and I look skinnier, but the scales (I've used 3) are telling a different story. Still sitting pretty on 73kg! What gives?? Not a big deal if I don't lose weight, but it's more of a curiosity that I haven't.
Quote Reply
Re: Not losing weight, but clothes baggy.. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
I've been trying to drop a couple of kgs, 2 maybe 3, not heaps. I've modified my diet, cut out sugar, beer etc and my training load is increasing as the season approaches. People keep on commenting about how I've lost weight and previously tight clothes hang off me now, had to put in more belt holes and I look skinnier, but the scales (I've used 3) are telling a different story. Still sitting pretty on 73kg! What gives?? Not a big deal if I don't lose weight, but it's more of a curiosity that I haven't.

It's fairly common to put on muscle when training more; therefore your scale weight might stay the same while losing body fat (getting thinner).
Quote Reply
Re: Not losing weight, but clothes baggy.. [JRTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^ THIS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A pound of muscle takes up less volume then a pound of fat... so you're putting on muscle, and burning fat, but because muscle is denser than fat, you will have those baggy clothes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a measuring tape around key areas: belly button is a good one.

Something like this makes it easier: https://www.amazon.com/...suring+tape+for+body

And I write down the numbers in cheap little notebook as well as an Excel spreadsheet :)

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply