Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box?
Quote | Reply
I'm not much of a mechanic, but is it possible to put the junction box on Norcom Straight that's
mounted to the bottom of the stem now to INSIDE the stem? maybe drill a hole or 2?
it seems like it would fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box? [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tririg stem
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box? [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to hijack the post, are there any other stem options other then the TriRig ?
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box? [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't thin the TriRig stem will fit on the Norcom. Also, I'd be hesitant to drill into my stem anywhere...it sort of supports your weight and all.
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box? [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skullyrush wrote:
I don't thin the TriRig stem will fit on the Norcom. Also, I'd be hesitant to drill into my stem anywhere...it sort of supports your weight and all.
To be clear, our new Sigma X stem should fit on the Norcom Straight. The Sigma X doesn't have any hardware in the back due to its novel wedge-clamp design:

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clamping system works great for the rear. What about the stem spacers?? The way these are shaped looks like it would interfere with the front brake cable running down inside the head tube.....?
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box? [kanman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kanman wrote:
Clamping system works great for the rear. What about the stem spacers?? The way these are shaped looks like it would interfere with the front brake cable running down inside the head tube.....?
For one thing, those spacers (and the Sigms itself) have center pull cable routing, so it shouldn't be a problem. Second, if it really was an issue, you can just use standard spacers. The Sigma will work with any standard spacer.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box? [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alfonso132 wrote:
Not to hijack the post, are there any other stem options other then the TriRig ?

1. The Oval that comes w/ complete bikes, of course.

2. I have an older (discontinued) Thomson Elite stem on mine. At least, I think that's the model name; it's got a wedge-clamping system similar to the TriRigX.

3. Cameron Dye is (was?) sponsored by PRO, so when the bike launched his had a Pro Missile Evo stems and bars on it.

4. There might be others that would fit in the stem "pocket", but they'd have to have small-ish bolts protruding from the back.

5. Of course, any stem will fit if elevated above the pocket using spacers (although that defeats the aerodynamic purpose of the pocket).
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight Hiding Di2 junction box? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
our new Sigma X stem should fit on the Norcom Straight.

Well, there goes my excuse for not upgrading to Di2 (aside from price, of course).
Quote Reply