Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Non-wetsuit legal tri Kit - What are the cool kids using?
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

I'm very confused on the issue of my trisuit/swim skin etc that I will wear for a non-wet suit legal swim. I've always worn a wetsuit for the swim and I have a "lucky" two piece tri suit that I love to wear. However, for the non-wetsuit legal aspect and the fact that far better tri suits are on the market, I may have to leave the comfort and familiarity of my old suit behind. So, I need advice!

First, a consensus seems to have formed that the Louis Garneau Course M-2 Tri skin is a fast suit for many individuals on the bike. (I'm not looking to gain the last nth of cDa here...just something reasonable!) I have worn LG products before and found them comfortable, so I think I will go this route.

BUT....what I don't understand is the following:

1. To be swim legal, I need to roll it down (to my waist?). Thus, I am assuming that I will need a swim skin to keep this efficient for the swim leg. Am I correct?
2. If I do need a swim skin, what are some reputable brands? Roka looks awesome...but do I need to spend that kind of money?

And....the combination of getting a swim skin off and rolling the LG tri suit up and over my wet shoulders sounds like a rather complicated process in T1. Is it?

For the experienced members of this forum, what would you recommend as the right balance? I know fit matters the most, but I'm not sure where to even start if I need a swim skin, and I need to get this squared away this week. If it helps, I'm 73kg/180cm or 161lbs/5 11.
Last edited by: Darren325: Aug 3, 15 4:28
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Kit - What are the cool kids using? [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
Hello all,

I'm very confused on the issue of my trisuit/swim skin etc that I will wear for Kona. I've always worn a wetsuit for the swim and I have a "lucky" two piece tri suit that I love to wear. However, for the non-wetsuit legal aspect of Kona and the fact that far better tri suits are on the market, I may have to leave the comfort and familiarity of my old suit behind. So, I need advice!

First, a consensus seems to have formed that the Louis Garneau Course M-2 Tri skin is a fast suit for many individuals on the bike. (I'm not looking to gain the last nth of cDa here...just something reasonable!) I have worn LG products before and found them comfortable, so I think I will go this route.

BUT....what I don't understand is the following:

1. To be swim legal, I need to roll it down (to my waist?). Thus, I am assuming that I will need a swim skin to keep this efficient for the swim leg. Am I correct?
2. If I do need a swim skin, what are some reputable brands? Roka looks awesome...but do I need to spend that kind of money?

And....the combination of getting a swim skin off and rolling the LG tri suit up and over my wet shoulders sounds like a rather complicated process in T1. Is it?

For the experienced members of this forum, what would you recommend as the right balance? I know fit matters the most, but I'm not sure where to even start if I need a swim skin, and I need to get this squared away this week. If it helps, I'm 73kg/180cm or 161lbs/5 11.

Nice backdoor brag, by the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Kit - What are the cool kids using? [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
Darren325 wrote:

Nice backdoor brag, by the way.

Yes, it's like having a profile pic of Norseman...oh wait! :)
Quote Reply