Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"an all-out assault on the marathon world record using every means necessary..."

Yes, Nike, you've proved that already

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like an awesome tri show! I hope the consumer version looks similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks dope!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Multisportsdad wrote:
"an all-out assault on the marathon world record using every means necessary..."

Yes, Nike, you've proved that already

FTW !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They just posted an article about the 13.1 training test run on Runner's World.

http://www.runnersworld.com/...er%E2%80%99s%20World

Plus embedded in the article is a first look at the 3 shoes....
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The main consumer version, the Zoom Fly, is very nice (there is also the super limited Fly 4% that was worn in the Olympics, Olympic Trials and a few major marathons and also the you're not getting these hand made ones for the sub 2 runners)

I just had the Zoom Fly in my store this morning and one of my guys was able to run in it.

Super plush in the rear with a very stiff forefoot. Very pronounced forward propulsion from the internal shank that has a unique shape to it. Lots of energy return from the foam as well.

10 mm offset on a 31/21 platform

Will be great for those that want to go fast but also be protected from impact forces.

2 colors (grey/bright crimson and also black/white) and $150.00.

I'll be bringing some in for the June 8th launch

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Not nearly as excited about this version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I'm not a Nike fan by any means, the scientist inside me find the process and attention to detail fascinating. All the little things like using a Tesla with a professional test driver, individualized nutrition, picking an ideal course, running formation, etc. I feel like there will be a lot of good info to come out of this regardless off whether they set the record. As for the shoe, I wonder how dependent the benefits are on a runners gait and footstrike

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
While I'm not a Nike fan by any means, the scientist inside me find the process and attention to detail fascinating. All the little things like using a Tesla with a professional test driver, individualized nutrition, picking an ideal course, running formation, etc. I feel like there will be a lot of good info to come out of this regardless off whether they set the record. As for the shoe, I wonder how dependent the benefits are on a runners gait and footstrike

Love 'em or hate 'em, as both a scientist and a designer, Nike does some pretty awesome stuff.
I just bought a pair of Hurley JJF Phantom III Boardshorts because they're doing some cool things in there.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, the bottom of this shoe looks to have a wide metatarsal area, a first for Nike.

I have to say, I like it. But, I'd want the model with the bottom below and with the ankle cuff and curved up heel. Would like to try it...

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The spring plate inside these, is that going to fly under the IAAF sniff test for no springs or recoil type mechanisms inside the shoe sole?

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2016179265&recNum=1&tab=Drawings&maxRec=&office=&prevFilter=&sortOption=&queryString=

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somewhere, Bill Bowerman is asking: "What the fuck? I ruined my waffle irons for THIS?!!!"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So we are back to the 80s and have a new Nike Sock Racer
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my thought on the carbon fiber plate: it isn't a spring, but it allows for an Altra Neo style bouncy foam, but with a tad less 'mush'. That would be my guess at how it would feel and benefit the runner.

As for the Bowerman comment - I think Bill would be pretty stoked. This is a nice looking shoe. It really checks a lot of boxes for a fast, comfortable racing flat: full carbon forefoot, ample cushioning, bounce without the mush, stretchy upper to prevent hot/pressure spots, relieves achilles strain, full collar allowing for shoe laces to be a tad looser and less likely to cause hot/pressure spots, lightweight....

here's the thing, when the sole of the shoe looks like the bottom of a Simmons or Hansen's custom carbon cycling shoe, which is perfectly molded to the foot, I'm thinking the shoe is going to be good possible fit.

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
So we are back to the 80s and have a new Nike Sock Racer

I'm kinda surprised it's not neon

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Somewhere, Bill Bowerman is asking: "What the fuck? I ruined my waffle irons for THIS?!!!"

Nah. Bill was a tinkerer and innovator that looked for ways to help his runners get faster. He'd love the idea of the shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Well, the bottom of this shoe looks to have a wide metatarsal area, a first for Nike.

I have to say, I like it. But, I'd want the model with the bottom below and with the ankle cuff and curved up heel. Would like to try it...

I like that wide toebox. The sole makes it look like it'd be good for a forefoot strike, though I don't think the largish drop wouldn't fit in line with that as much. It'd be interesting to take them for a test run for sure.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I fore/mid foot strike (click here for strike pattern vid) and I run in both NB and Altra and the NB with it's drop does relieve pressure on my achilles compared to the Altra.... I think the Nike could potentially deliver a runner to the finish line with reduced stress to tendons and ligaments.. But, I'd have to try it.

Last edited by: milesthedog: Mar 7, 17 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
That looks dope!

Dope is exactly what is needed to break 2hrs for 26.2

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
masterslacker wrote:
They just posted an article about the 13.1 training test run on Runner's World.

http://www.runnersworld.com/...er%E2%80%99s%20World

Plus embedded in the article is a first look at the 3 shoes....

Ah. I'm sure they aren't getting a draft of the timing car with the clock as tall as the car itself. /pink

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Wait until marathon record gets close to 2 hours.

2) Make a shoe same as any other shoe, just scifi looking to make it appear unique

3) Give shoe to best marathoners

4) ...

5) Profit

Shoes don't break marathon records, man.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this marketing or engineering? The lab at Nike took on a project and developed what they believe is the best shoe for runners running at that speed for that long. That part any shoe creator loves. Done right, they believe the runner can run at maximum speed in this shoe.

The hard part is the marketing. There is nothing exciting in running or running shoes right now. People used to get excited when new shoes came out. Like the IPhone today. You had to go out and buy the new model. Rarely if ever does that happen. The last time was right here on this forum when all of you jumped on Hoka. When was the last time you were excited for the release of a new running shoe?

The running geeks at Nike would love to have the 4% be the hero of the commercial product. The reality though is the formula for commercial success was stated above. "Light enough to go fast with protection" We can say that about so many shoes today, The new Kinvara 8 just came out. Probably fits that same description.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoe to Break 2 Hour Marathon [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Nah. Bill was a tinkerer and innovator that looked for ways to help his runners get faster. He'd love the idea of the shoe.

Good point

Quote Reply

Prev Next