Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams......
Quote | Reply
A true pro, and a great guy. Brad's all you see....a hard working, sincere and great guy living the tri lifestyle. Nice story and interview, and good to see him get some pub.

link: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...d_Williams_5055.html
Last edited by: ggeiger: May 6, 15 16:27
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to vomit anytime I read/hear the words "Tri lifestyle".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
A true pro, and a great guy. Brad's all you see....a hard working, sincere and great guy living the tri lifestyle. Nice story and interview, and good to see him get some pub.

link: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...d_Williams_5055.html

+1 to this. Brad is an awesome guy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then don't read or go vomit. Your choice. Nice non-contribution to an otherwise positive thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Gary, appreciate you putting this in the forum as I know not many people make it over to the main page. As a long time ST forum lurker, user, and contributor it was great to finally get that interview ;) It was a great chat with Herbert, and more than happy to answer any additional questions on here.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
view from a sponsor: brad is a model of professionalism; a great partner to be working with; a perfect match for our brand.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome writeup of a great guy. And really nice bike too!
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andre Bennatan wrote:
view from a sponsor: brad is a model of professionalism; a great partner to be working with; a perfect match for our brand.

Thanks Andre! Great working with you and companies like Kiwami that are passionate about their brand and products! Looking forward to what's to come!

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
Awesome writeup of a great guy. And really nice bike too!

Thanks, look forward to seeing you on one soon!

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just going to go ahead and say what everyone is thinking. How did a shlub like you nail down someone as talented as your wife? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
I'm just going to go ahead and say what everyone is thinking. How did a shlub like you nail down someone as talented as your wife? :)

Shhhhh............ We didn't get into how talented my wife was in the interview. She is just working on her PhD/DPhil Zach.............. I am sure you will/already do get asked the same question on a daily basis ;)

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ususally it is: How did you trick someone so good looking into marrying you?
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
Ususally it is: How did you trick someone so good looking into marrying you?

O I thought she was smarter than you as well ;) But yes, an interview on how I married my wife and the troubles it caused us with the AF would be a 5 part series and take a lot of time ;)

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
Shhhhh............ We didn't get into how talented my wife was in the interview. She is just working on her PhD/DPhil Zach.............. I am sure you will/already do get asked the same question on a daily basis ;)

Any tips on how the rest of us can find a sugar momma and "live the tri lifestyle"?

In all seriousness, good article and best of luck in the pro ranks. Had I been more on top of things, I would have found a way to come say hello in Galveston. I blame the humidity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
Thanks Gary, appreciate you putting this in the forum as I know not many people make it over to the main page. As a long time ST forum lurker, user, and contributor it was great to finally get that interview ;) It was a great chat with Herbert, and more than happy to answer any additional questions on here.

Brad, good to see this BUT as your friend I am going to call you out. You need to be posting on hear MORE now that you are racing pro, so let's see and hear more from you in that vein. It is also a great channel for your sponsors and building a community around you. You posted much more as Joe age grouper.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: May 7, 15 17:54
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
@BW_Tri wrote:

Any tips on how the rest of us can find a sugar momma and "live the tri lifestyle"?

In all seriousness, good article and best of luck in the pro ranks. Had I been more on top of things, I would have found a way to come say hello in Galveston. I blame the humidity.

Hahaha that is the running joke that she is my sugar momma, but in all actuality I work part time and have some great sponsors and supporters. I am making ends meet on my own. Would be a lot easier to do if we weren't living in Oxford and paying ridiculous amounts of $$ for living expenses. But I get to follow my dreams and she gets to follow hers, so can't really complain.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Nice cover story on ST's Brad Williams...... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
@BW_Tri wrote:

Brad, good to see this BUT as your friend I am going to call you out. You need to be posting on hear MORE now that you are racing pro, so let's see and hear more from you in that vein. It is also a great channel for your sponsors and building a community around you. You posted much more as Joe age grouper.

Dev- I would still say I am pretty active on here. There is just so much knowledge on here that if I don't feel I can add to the conversation then I just keep to myself. I do agree with it being a great channel for my sponsors and building a community, and I think it has done just that over the years. I don't plan on up and leaving the ST community just because I am starting in a different wave now.

Also, a bit different now that I am not stuck at a desk for 8-10 hours a day. It was a lot easier to sit on ST and read through every post that was "hot" at the moment and actively engage in those. Now that I am not stuck at a desk with very little to do I am actually having to work when I sit at the desk and stay productive. So a bit different now and that also probably contributes to the "posting less" as well.

Hope all is well and all the best with your racing this year!

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
@BW_Tri wrote:

Dev- I would still say I am pretty active on here. There is just so much knowledge on here that if I don't feel I can add to the conversation then I just keep to myself. I do agree with it being a great channel for my sponsors and building a community, and I think it has done just that over the years. I don't plan on up and leaving the ST community just because I am starting in a different wave now.

Also, a bit different now that I am not stuck at a desk for 8-10 hours a day. It was a lot easier to sit on ST and read through every post that was "hot" at the moment and actively engage in those. Now that I am not stuck at a desk with very little to do I am actually having to work when I sit at the desk and stay productive. So a bit different now and that also probably contributes to the "posting less" as well.

Hope all is well and all the best with your racing this year!

Brad, I would flip it around the other way. As a neo pro, generally the media is not going to be seeking you out to tell your story. You might need to do what marketing people in small companies need to do in a landscape dominated by big fish. Insert your story into the channels. Inserting your story is now part of your work too so think about it that way. Aside from some of us on this forum, no one cares that you're riding reasonably fast (well, as I said we do), until you're winning overall. So in the mean time, tell your story. You've done that on the front page, but won't get that chance weekly, but this forum, your twitter and fb, are all good avenues and that's part of your new work.
Quote Reply