Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback?
Quote | Reply
Newton has brought out a shoe from triathlons with the speed laces included. Has anyone used this model and can provide feedback?
Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also very interested in this.

I have the MV3 and if the Tri Racer is anything close, it will be phenomenal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair last week. I am breaking them in during my taper with hopes to use them in a half I'm doing next Saturday. I'm still about 70/30 on whether I'll race them or not, but I certainly like them regardless. They're super light, and have a very balanced feel, especially without socks. If you've run in Newtons already, you know that the lugs are a little something to get used to. The lugs on the Tri racer don't seem to be quite as aggressive as my Gravity III. Might be because it's a zero drop shoe already.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [TriathlonKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The TriRacer is virtually the same shoe as the MV3; zero drop.

Rick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love them. I really like the MV3's, but found that I'd get chaffing and blisters in races when I did not wear socks. The TriRacer totally resolved this issue for me. So... if you like the MV3's you should like these, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [AC$] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Tri package a month or so ago which included the Tri Racer and Ironman Elite. The both are great. The Racers are incredibly lightweight and comfortable. I really like the quick laces but they are way too long. I picked up a new shoe sponsor a few weeks ago so now I'm looking to get rid of these if you happen to be a 12.5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got them sent to me from Newton the week they had been released and I raced in them 2x last season. I also use them for tempo track workouts and I've found them to be amazing. It would be tough to find a lighter shoe with this much feedback from the ground while hitting high paced efforts. The laces and the integrated loop in the back make for easy slipping on and off. Great running sockless and the Lime Green is something else ... It's like having Hulk on your feet LMAO

The one and only complaint I had was the laces were far too long for my shoes size and required me to cut and shrink wrap the tips but that's very very minor. I've read and been told they are very similar to the MV3s but I've never owned that model or ran in them.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Jan 8, 15 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [utahpioneer16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I generally wear a 13 but if I can find a 12.5 locally to try, I'd likely be interested.

I tried them on in Portland a few months back and went for a brief jog and thought that they were really comfortable, moreso than other lightweight shoes I've tried.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dale3, shoot me a PM if you get to try them on. I'd like to get rid of both of them for cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [utahpioneer16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also wear 12.5 Newtons. Would need to see photos before moving forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ooooo, I have money burning a hole in my pocket :D
I've been waiting for a tri specific newton shoe

Hopefully I can get a pair in the UK

/runs off to google

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would seem we can't get them in the UK :(

does anyone know any US retailers that ship to the UK?? I've exhausted google

-

Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anth wrote:
It would seem we can't get them in the UK :(

does anyone know any US retailers that ship to the UK?? I've exhausted google

We can ship them from the netherlands to th uk from feb the first.
If you are interested email me at hilversum@tri-run.com

Regards,

Jeroen
Tri-Run

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
excellent :D I'll drop you a mail at the beginning of feb

Thanks

Anth

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a comparison of the Kismet with TriRacer shoe:

[URL=http://s241.photobucket.com/...zpsjpduggmv.jpg.html][/url]

Both shoes are the same size. The racing flat is narrower and a touch shorter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice comparison shot, thanks for that. Could you post a similar comparison one, but then from the soles ?

What is the max. distance you'd race this shoe in Olympic and 70.3's ? Based on the feedback so far and what's on Newton's site, a IM distance is not recommended. I'm on my 5th pair of Newton's and my only gripe is that they become very heavy when wet. Given that I have Frankfurt and Kona on the 2015 agenda (back- or front-door brag) and since I can't tolerate heat all that well, I'm very likelly to pour a lot of cups of water on me to try and stay within my functional thermal operating window. I would love to have the holes of the tri-specific shoe in my Motion III's for this reason. I have elastic laces already in those, but the holes and the grab-hole in the heel are 2 additions that would transform the Motion III in the the perfect IM-distance Newton shoe.

Much appreciated,

S.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton TriRacer shoe-any feedback? [shamerli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the bottom view:
[URL=http://s241.photobucket.com/...srkniazd2-1.jpg.html][/url]

The TriRacer also comes with a heel insert of 3mm that one can put into the shoe if the zero drop is too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the tri racer is mv2 without laces
I love my mv2, but the pair i have are a little small and the bottom two lace holes rub like a bastard

the tri racer looks like my ideal shoe

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the green bit on the heel of the tri-racer the harder type of plastic ?

It is lacking on the inside heel of my motion distance S II which causes the ankle to flex inswards. It's good for speed-session's since the heel hardly touches the ground, but on distance-paced runs, the heel touches the ground for slightly longer and I feel the difference. This plastic is however present on Motion III and for me it's the main reason why I absolutely love that shoe because it add's that little bit of extra protetcion so the heel cushioning works optimally.
Quote Reply