Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newton Gravity 3 vs Fate
Quote | Reply
I want to try a pair of Newtons and thought I was set on the Gravity's, but I was at an expo and they suggested I try the Fate out. I had knee scope about 8 weeks ago and am starting over. The guy at the expo said the Fate would have a tad bit more stability and he would suggest these first. I thought the Gravity had more bounce/cushion. I will eventually be back to long distance after I build back up, but for now it will be very short distances. Curious if anyone has tried both. I also have the Brooks Pureflow and was using those before surgery, so they are the same drop.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Gravity 3 vs Fate [seadocha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own both shoes. I use the Gravity for medium and long runs, I use the Fate for my short recovery runs. However, I lately have been feeling like the Fate have more cush. But the longest I've ran in them was 5mi.
Usually doing 4mi in them the day after say, an 8miler.
Don't know if any of that helps you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I recently switched to Newton's from Inov-8. I was recommended into the Fate as a gateway and told that the Gravity would be my next shoe. The rep at Newton said that the Fate would get me used to the lugs, and I could expect a good 4-6 break-in period. I had no break-in period, got very comfortable in the shoe very quickly and ran a half-marathon in the shoes 4 weeks after I purchased them. I feel a lot more stability in the Fate than in Inov-8, but not a fair comparison for your purposes.

With the pop 'classes' Newton is using, I think that's just how they moving people into the brand. If you're not used to minimal drop, pop3. If you are used to it, pop2. Step up as you're ready.

Not sure if that was helpful to you, but my experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i run in newton's wouldn't wear anything else.

however, whatever the reps say about moving through the shoes, the distance and the gravity are too aggressive for regular training.

i therefore use their isaac (now fate) for regular training, the distance for middle distance tri's and gravity for long distance tri's.

i'll do some of my speed sessions in the gravity or distance so it's not a complete shock come the race, but for every day training, got to use the isaac/ fate. otherwise my feet/ lower legs just get destroyed.

never had any problems in a race doing it this way and it feels awesome putting on the more aggressive shoes in T2 and flying out on the run course in them.

Feel the Speed
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Gravity 3 vs Fate [Westover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made the switch to Newton early this year. Initially had the four lug models and switched to the five lug models. I really like the Fate and have worn it for faster pace training, 1/2 Irondistance runs without issue and even some slower and short distance jogs. This is my go to model.
Quote Reply