Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newton Distance S vs Motion???
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

Was wondering opinions on the two shoes. Which one you like better? Which do you think is better for support? Which is narrower (I have a narrow foot)? And, which one breaks in quicker with regard to the lugs?

Thanks,
Chris

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Distance S vs Motion??? [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both of these shoes and run in them alternately all the time. I like them both. I'd say the main differences are:

• The Distance S has a softer, more pliable sole and upper as well (less stitching). Its overall a more flexible shoe in every sense.
  • The Motion is stiffer and heavier - but only in comparison to the Distance really. It offers more support - which makes sense give its name and appearance.
  • Width seems the same for both. They both have a design which allows the fabric around the widest points of my feet to flex and this is one of the main reasons I use them, I have wide feet. However, they might work for narrow feet, the uppers are very flexible and would draw together I guess. I run with them pretty loose.
  • I haven't noticed a difference with the lugs (I'm running the older 4 luggers) at all. I find them good out of the box, don't need to break-in.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Distance S vs Motion??? [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I do have to say after having 5 lugs with their first 5 lug model (the original energy), I think it is much better. Not only for the less break-in time for me (numbness in the forefoot), but also for the peroneal tendon as I feel my foot is not hanging off the side of the lugs (had the original Newtons - circa 06-07). However, after a few models of them (the newer energy), I must say they take too long to break in. Was wondering if that would be the same with the Motion or Distance. While the Energy was the gateway shoe, the original energy was only 2.7mm drop, so very similar to the motions 3mm and Distances 2mm drop . Though the P.O.P. is different. Oh well I guess will just try them out. I hate spending $175 for a shoe though....

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Distance S vs Motion??? [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can do a search on the homepage and read my review done here on st, but in short the current distance models are pop1+. This means the midsole and the membrane are about 30% firmer or more active in feel if you like. Lugs feel also a little more like they are there. Which i actually like, but that is personal.
The motus / gravity are softer and a little wider in fit.

Both great shoes, but distance feels more racy and for me motus and gravity are more for the longer work.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply