Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newly developed hip/glute pain - assessment
Quote | Reply
Over the past 6 weeks I've developed some severe hip pain (both sides - alternates at times). It's in my glutes and moves out into my outter hip-flexers/ITB. It does NOThurt deep inside, at the joint. If I do leg workouts, especially lunges, I hurt like crazy the day after. Wakes me up when I sleep, can't get comfortable in a chair, etc. But oddly, it does not hurt when I stand. When I exercise, it is always tight at first (though I stretch like a mutha after working out to help the coming stiffness). It does eventually lossen up and when it does, I can train without pain, tightness or fatigue. But once I stop, it all comes back within 6-12 hours. Does not seem to be getting better.

On a side and somewhat scary note, the pain came about right after I finished a pretty heavy 5 day regiment of prednizone for a herniated disk in my neck. My neck is much better but the hip thing came about 5-7 days after that regiment. AVN (http://www.mayoclinic.org/...inition/con-20025517) is a distinct possiblity for people who go on corticosteroid treatments. I learned this AFTER I was on the meds. The avgs are low, for my doseage, but not unheard of. So that has me being a little wigged out. Though people with AVN hurt more when they exercise and feel relief when they rest. I seem to be the exact opposite.

Anyone battle anything like this? Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Newly developed hip/glute pain - assessment [tmshokie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe see a good chiro as you might be experiencing a disc issue in your lower back too. Sometimes, you won't have any pain in the back, but symptoms will manifest themselves in the hips, quads, hammies etc. You show a good chiro the where's and what's of what's happening and they'll tell you what's the deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Newly developed hip/glute pain - assessment [tmshokie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It also sounds like it could be piriformis syndrome, especially since you describe difficulty sitting and tightness in your hips. I agree with seeing a chrio, especially one that does ART that will be helpful as well as doing some home maintenance with a foam roller and tennis ball.

Emily Sherrard
@EmSher1