Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newbie Bike Question - Post Tuneup
Quote | Reply
I have a pretty newbie bike question..
I took my Cannondale Slice 3 into the local bike shop for a tune up and they recommended a new chain and rear cassette. $70 tune-up, $140 for cassette and chain + install ends up being pretty expensive. Anyway, I took the bike out afterwards and am happy with how it rides/shifts/brakes etc. Then on my 3rd ride I did a trainer ride with some very hard 10 second sprints. I put the trainer into slope mode, put bike into a small gear on the rear cassette and pushed as hard as I could. When I’d get near 800 watts it’d skip a bit and catch which made a slam noise. I think it must’ve skipped a gear tooth or something? On the rest of the sprints I put it on a larger rear gear and it was fine at even 1000 watts going all-out.
What could the issue be here? I’d like to have some information before taking it back into the shop asking them to make any adjustments.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Bike Question - Post Tuneup [cbr shadow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find that when I put out over 1000W for an extended period of time that my chain heats up and stretches. You might need to buy a hypereutectic chain with a lower coefficient of thermal expansion.
Quote Reply