Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New tribike: Look - Canyon - Quintana Roo - BMC
Quote | Reply
Hello to anybody, I have a good offers for a new bike, and I'd like to rise few comments of yours on 4 models listed below.

Look Monoblade 796 '17 - If I follow my instinct this is the one
BMC TM01 '17 - I have to admind that I'm not a fan of the design of the new model, or at least I have to get used to. If this frame is as well designed and as successfull as the previous model, I believe the value this bike can hold its value pretty well in the next 3/4 years.
Quintana Roo PR Six '17 - it seems that this one has lots of adjustable option (the Look should have plenty too) and like the Canyon a favorable price/quality ration
Canyon Speedmax SLX '16 - Good price/ratio, different in the front but definitly a nice lloking ride. Am I wrong or they not going to release a 2017 version?

PS. My current and loved bike is a Giant Trinity, if I have to make a move on a new one I'd better sell it first.
Quote Reply
Re: New tribike: Look - Canyon - Quintana Roo - BMC [paolo.s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Look sure is pretty, but it's also très cher and the 76 degree seat angle may not be ideal for tri's. Also, no thought went into where to put the sandwiches.

I think the Canyon is the best long term value - it will probably keep its value better than the QR.
Quote Reply
Re: New tribike: Look - Canyon - Quintana Roo - BMC [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Hoffmeister.
What do you think of BMC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of those the Speedmax is the right choice (stay the hell away from Look, it will just bring you tears).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to sound like Dan on this one, but the check the fits and work backwards....That may help narrow down your choice first. I can speak to the Canyon personally, which fits long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the speedmax looks like the natural choice

Any option to test ride?

Have you tried looking at stack and reach charts to see how each bike compares with your current set up coordinates? maybe size conversion options/cost will be the decider?
Quote Reply
Re: New tribike: Look - Canyon - Quintana Roo - BMC [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm making some geometry comparison these days, and waiting for maker anwers .

Looks like Canyon convince you the most, whike Look and BMC not too much.

I should also ask a quote for Argon too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
paolo.s wrote:
Thank you Hoffmeister.
What do you think of BMC?

I think it's not on the same level as the Canyon in terms of price and integration .... the Speedmax CF SLX 8.0 is £4,899 vs the BMC TM01 Ultra @ £6,899 ... different features, but perhaps comparable ( front hydration vs. Speed Concept style draft box).

Another cheap-ish option might be a Cube Aerium C:68.
Quote Reply
Re: New tribike: Look - Canyon - Quintana Roo - BMC [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats wrong with look bikes? Are they a bad brand???

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like for 2017 Canyon are mainly adding disc brake options and tweaking componentry and prices on their bikes, rather than offering any significant frame changes.

Which makes me very happy as the purchaser of a 2016 Aeroad who has no interest in disc brakes right now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out of that list, I love the Canyon the most. By a lot. Their value proposition is off the charts, and they are likely the fastest too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post your pad X & Y measurements (to rear of pad for X) and we can help a bit more
Quote Reply
Re: New tribike: Look - Canyon - Quintana Roo - BMC [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My PAD Y/X right from the first bike setting I got should be

620 mm/388 mm, but during the second fit I raised the saddle some centimeters... I can get the data soon from my bike fitter.

thanks for the help
Last edited by: paolo.s: Feb 26, 17 18:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canyon: You would need the Team switch plate to get pads far enough back, Pad Y easy - achievable with standard kit
BMC: The Flat cockpit on an M-S would work quite nicely in this config: Pad row: 1 forward offset, Bracket back, Pad spacers: 30, Pad column: 1 wide, Mount column: 2
Look: May be 10mm too long, but I haven't finished the calculator for this bike yet so can't guarantee that
Argon: Should fit, but they don't provide enough details to be able to give precise data
QR: Too long with Profile Design bars. Would have to go to aerobars with a lot of setback to make this bike fit.

having said all of that - do you have a pic of your position? It seems quite tall.
If you look at the chart here you will see that you fall into the green zone for questionable (actually I'll post it too)

add 40mm to your Pad X as the chart is based on pad centre.

Of course, there may be good reasons why you're in that zone. But it's worth making sure that your position is optimised before you spend the money on one of these high end bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: New tribike: Look - Canyon - Quintana Roo - BMC [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you a bunch for your help, I just spoken with my bike fitter, unlikely than me he says my updated measuraments are "armpad s­tack" (572mm) and "ar­mpad reach" (409mm).
Quote Reply