Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New piece of Kit, how much benefit? Picture Added (Base Bar Discussion)
Quote | Reply
So, time for a new toy. I have round bull horns and bulky brakes. I am planning on buying a set of Ozero on line and some slick brake levers (not sure which ones). I am doing it because they are cool, I have the budget, and I want to treat myself.

But... just wondering what kind of an aero improvement would be expected? Also wondering if I should move from 42cm wide bars to narrow bars like 40cm or 38cm?

To those who are going to say just train more. I can't. I have maximized my training time to date and I am picking this up as a "treat" for the work I have done. So the numbers won't alter my choice. I am just curious.
Last edited by: Triagain2: Jul 28, 15 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: New piece of Kit, how much benefit? [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40cm Ozero bar with 3T levers. It can save you significant (20-30g) of drag.

This shows how much an aero profile matters for the bar (ignore the data on different widths, since that doesn't apply with aerobars):

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: New piece of Kit, how much benefit? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

From these on now

To these:

Last edited by: Triagain2: Jul 27, 15 14:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go with the Ozero TT (newer design):

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a non UCI normal tri, is there a min basebar width?

Why not do basebars the same width as aeropads? Sure you will probably crash and die, but it would be faster.
Quote Reply
Re: New piece of Kit, how much benefit? [copperman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like this?

...or perhaps this?

Last edited by: GreenPlease: Jul 27, 15 17:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't waste your time with that bar. Find a first gem Ventus. I'm sure someone on ST has one lying around. Look up the Tririg Alpha wind tunnel results for your time savings.

As a benefit you get these terrible brake levers that don't stop for shit, so you KNOW they are aero!

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New piece of Kit, how much benefit? [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the zero just not aero?

It fits my budget. And I have Zipp Vulka bars that I just purchased new extensions and alumina pads for, and I really like them, so I want a none integrated bar.
Last edited by: Triagain2: Jul 28, 15 6:48
Quote Reply
Re: New piece of Kit, how much benefit? (Base Bar Discussion) [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my current set up:

Quote Reply