Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Xterra wetsuit damaged
Quote | Reply
I just bought a new Xterra wetsuit from their distributor in Australia, it arrived with a very small hole in it. I emailed the distributor with photos and they advised me to glue the hole as it "wouldn't affect the performance". Anyway I didn't really see this as an acceptable solution so have returned it asking for a refund or replacement. However I wrote my name on the wetsuit name tag (before I noticed the hole) and I did notice that Xterra's return policy states that they'll replace a wetsuit as long as the name tag isn't written on. Oops. This is referring to wetsuits returned because they are the wrong size, not sure if this also applies to damaged wetsuits. Can anyone advise me? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Xterra wetsuit damaged [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there from the USA.

Our Australian distributor gave us a heads up today. We honored the warranty already and are packaging up a shipment to them along with some 2016 stand up paddleboards (sneak peak hear: http://www.xterraboards.com/...em-white-sup-package).

So, expect an email from them shortly and if you don't hear from them then buzz me at glynn@xterrawetsuits.com

Turq

(glynn turquand, one of the owners)
Quote Reply
Re: New Xterra wetsuit damaged [Turq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turq wrote:
Hey there from the USA.

Our Australian distributor gave us a heads up today. We honored the warranty already and are packaging up a shipment to them along with some 2016 stand up paddleboards (sneak peak hear: http://www.xterraboards.com/...em-white-sup-package).

So, expect an email from them shortly and if you don't hear from them then buzz me at glynn@xterrawetsuits.com

Turq

Great thanks for the prompt reply Glynn, I've emailed you :)
Last edited by: zedzded: Dec 14, 15 19:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xterra is really on top of things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turq wrote:
Hey there from the USA.

Turq

Hi, me again... sadly I am still yet to receive my replacement suit from Xterra/Titanperformancegroup. It has now been more than 2 months since I returned the damaged wetsuit. I have phone and emailed TitanperformanceGroup numerous times as well as Xterra in the USA, but am still wetsuitless. Please advise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Write me directly - glynn@xterrawetsuits.com - and we will fulfill from our US Warehouse. Sorry for the troubles down under.

- Turq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turq wrote:
. Sorry for the troubles down under.

- Turq

No dramas :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
I just bought a new Xterra wetsuit from their distributor in Australia, it arrived with a very small hole in it. I emailed the distributor with photos and they advised me to glue the hole as it "wouldn't affect the performance". Anyway I didn't really see this as an acceptable solution so have returned it asking for a refund or replacement. However I wrote my name on the wetsuit name tag (before I noticed the hole) and I did notice that Xterra's return policy states that they'll replace a wetsuit as long as the name tag isn't written on. Oops. This is referring to wetsuits returned because they are the wrong size, not sure if this also applies to damaged wetsuits. Can anyone advise me? Thanks

I'm guessing "arrived with a small hole in it" means "accidentally did a fingernail tear the first time I tried it on." One tip to avoid doing that in future: a swim cap over the hand protects against fingernails and is very grippy for pulling on the wetsuit. I have to imagine others have thought of this as well, because it's such a no-brainer and so effective, but I've never seen or heard of anyone else doing this.
Quote Reply
Re: New Xterra wetsuit damaged [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
zedzded wrote:

I'm guessing "arrived with a small hole in it" means "accidentally did a fingernail tear the first time I tried it on." One tip to avoid doing that in future: a swim cap over the hand protects against fingernails and is very grippy for pulling on the wetsuit. I have to imagine others have thought of this as well, because it's such a no-brainer and so effective, but I've never seen or heard of anyone else doing this.

You guessed wrong. But thanks for your invaluable advice on how to put a wetsuit on. Perhaps you might try and return a product that you've damaged and claim it was damaged in transit, but personally if it was me I just take it on the chin and repair it myself instead of trying to rip someone off.
Last edited by: zedzded: Feb 8, 16 23:50
Quote Reply