Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New TriRig Gamma One
Quote | Reply
Looks like an extension option. Also new clamps for Alpha X users who would like to achieve a lower pad stack. Slick. I'll embed the image later this evening.

Last edited by: GreenPlease: Oct 7, 17 21:20
Quote Reply
Re: New TriRig Gamma One [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Bryand off for the weekend?

He always embedded photos/links etc.

I won't hold my breath for your "photos "

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Re: New TriRig Gamma One [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photo is up.
Quote Reply
Re: New TriRig Gamma One [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Is Bryand off for the weekend?

He always embedded photos/links etc.

I won't hold my breath for your "photos "

Cheers,

Haha nope! I was at a charity bike ride all day

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just being a smart ass, picked up on it in the other thread.

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um, did you fail to notice the bayonet style clamps that will open up a huge range of adjustability and bridge the gap between over mount and under mount. That seems to be the bigger story here
Quote Reply
Re: New TriRig Gamma One [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh! I meant to refer to the clamps, not the extensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The clamps in the image are called the Slammed Clamps. We've teased them before on our facebook wall. They will be available shortly after Kona (already in stock and ready to ship, they just need photography and a store entry). Gamma One is the name of another product in that image ;-) Shouldn't be hard to figure out what - we already have another product named Gamma (which will soon be renamed Gamma 16 for clarity).

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: New TriRig Gamma One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Corrected. Is the tilt on the cups achieved via the tilt kit? Very Tony Martin cockpit setup there btw ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Corrected. Is the tilt on the cups achieved via the tilt kit? Very Tony Martin cockpit setup there btw ;)
Yes and no. That setup has a 10mm spacer and a 10-degree tilt spacer (from the tilt kit) under the Cups. But not the variable tilt hardware.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting stuff Nick.

I’ve being eyeing the alpha x to help cleanup my buddies np3 (it’s atrocious right now). I was about to have him pull the trigger but then saw your post yesterday. He’s on a 51cm p3 with a pad stack of 570mm. On the current alpha x with a 51 cm p3, I’ll need to put the aero bars under the base bar to achieve his stack. With this new product, I am assuming I won’t need to put the aero bars underneath to achieve this stack?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New TriRig Gamma One [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's correct. The Slammed Clamps will be an optional add-on. They're extremely expensive to make (more than the entire carbon base bar/stem piece), so we have to charge accordingly. But they do make things VERY slick for those who need lower stack on Alpha X.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a fit perspective, it's great. This opens up so many more bikes for me without the undermount, which I hate. Besides the fact that it looks like crap, undermount configurations are probably aero dogs.

I would love to see this tested in the tunnel in a full front end shootout. I would not be surprised if there is as large a difference between undermount and this new thing -- say, a really crappy undermount (Enve bar) and a really slick in-line, extension clamp style on the Alpha X -- as there is between certain frames (e.g. my Felt vs. Premier Tactical).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The standard Tilt Kit also contains tapered spacers?

I didn't look that closely at what I got in my last shipment, but I don't see that in any of the tilt kit photos or in any of the gear I have received from TriRig.
Quote Reply
Re: New TriRig Gamma One [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Answering my own question, yes.

The tilt kit contains one set of 10 degree tapered spacers for use in the under mount position. They can also be used in an overmount position, but it takes some aggressive drill work. That said, the 10 degree tapered spacer + Zipp Evo 70 extensions are a marvelous combination for arm/wrist comfort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick: I have these clamps in hand. To use the 10 degree tilt spacer, do I use the washer that came with my Alpha X that normally sits on the base bar? It doesn't sit flush on the clamp itself, not even close and I'm wary that the fit is not that secure. Am I putting the hardware on in the wrong configuration? is there an installation guide?
Quote Reply
Re: New TriRig Gamma One [Horchata] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just put your spacer directly on top of the Slammed Clamp. You don't use the Extension Washer parts at all.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aero, adjustable and good looking!
Quote Reply