Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New TorHans Aero30 available
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately it wasn't available yet for my A race this season, but TorHans states on their website that they've got some of the new Aero 30's with the improved spill / spash proof cap on sale. It looks like the same system as they use on the Aero Z BTA bottle. What do you guys think? I think it'll be bad ass with my Felt IA. But I guess I prefer a transparant/white version.

https://www.torhans.com/...lash-spill-proof-cap
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [larsvanzanten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I chatted with Hans at the expo again this year. The new cap looks good. I'll be switching from the Aero Z back to a new Aero 30 when they're in general availability. The aerodynamics part of me just thinks its faster (it also fits my aerobars on my P3 better).
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [larsvanzanten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used it for Kona this year and it is slick!

http://www.MattRussellTri.com -Pro Triathlete -Tri Coach
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [MattRussellTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on their poor bracket that isn't the most secure before it cracks and falls apart I wouldn't recommend them. On my third bracket. There won't be a 4th I'm looking elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I modified mine and drilled holes in it and attach it with a zip ties which makes it bomber proof. This bracket has lasted me for over 4 years now. I always like to make modifications to my equipment so they are more durable ;)

http://www.MattRussellTri.com -Pro Triathlete -Tri Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only had one bracket break on me, and unfortunately ( I guess) my last. At an Olympic race last October, hit a good bump, the bracket broke, the bottle hit the ground, and cracked. Trashed the bottle right then, finished my race on hand-up bottles.

So frustrated, but unfortunately did not think to complain to TorHans, just thought I was hosed. Changed back to a more typical BTA setup.
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked what they could do to help me after I broke the 2nd. The owner was in prompt contact and said he'd send the new improved bracket. The trail went cold after I supplied my address (in the UK). No bracket no more replies
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My original bracket broke into 2 pieces right at the center after going on bumpy roads. I did a quick fix with a super glued 3mm wire and epoxy it where the hollow drainage is. Probably stronger than original now.

Then after a few months usage, the loop where the velcro goes through broke. Did the quick fix of using cable ties as some has shown in this forum and reported this to Torhans. They promptly sent me a replacement within 2 weeks, just in time for my race. Fantastic customer service which stands behind their product!

I heard there would be a newer design bracket though. That would be interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [StevoMeano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torhans has said that if you have a broken mount to reach out to them and let them know. They are now making it out of "better material" and shouldn't break as easy and they will replace up to one of them.

At any rate, you still need to reinforce it with more zip ties so it doesn't break at the most inconvenient time...it is still cheap plastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you please post a picture of your zip tied bracket?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the same.
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironma'am wrote:
Would you please post a picture of your zip tied bracket?

It doesn't look like Matt has been on ST since last summer. I haven't seen any recent updates on his recovery since hitting the vehicle that cut in front of him on the Kona bike course.
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

A little dark but you get the idea.
A tiny cable strap on each side through the first joint to get a loop and a solid Velcro to secure the bottle.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: New TorHans Aero30 available [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I thought you were zip tying to the aerobar, but this is useful if mine ever breaks the front piece. My mount has been going strong for years, so I couldn't fault it if it did.
Quote Reply