Last edited by: Bor13: Aug 29, 15 7:11
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy Project AERO-ROAD helmet [Bor13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit bulbous on the top front... What's with the Herbie like '01'?
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy Project AERO-ROAD helmet [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BOOST-01 unavailable but herehttp://www.e-rudy.com/...ts/detail/HL600071US

///AUDENTES FORTUNA IUVAT///
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow..... $350. Why would anyone buy this when the Evade and Ballista are cheaper and most likely faster then this

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy Project AERO-ROAD helmet [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember, at most IM races, rudy is 40% off, and many clubs get 50% off if they are sponsored by rudy... so odds are, many people are paying a number much closer to the evade and the bontrager helmet
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy Project AERO-ROAD helmet [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah everyone gets a Rudy Discount. Let's say it's $175. I bet the Evade and Ballista are still faster than this helmet

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Yeah everyone gets a Rudy Discount. Let's say it's $175. I bet the Evade and Ballista are still faster than this helmet

And it is not difficult to get 10% off specialized helmets or bontrager helmets, I know bontrager has sales a couple times a year. This is ignoring all the people on teams that are attached to trek or specialized shops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Interesting you know all of that. I have no interest in any of those helmets but cannot refrain from commenting on your knowledge base. Pretty impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy Project AERO-ROAD helmet [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sarcasm.....cool. the Rudy Wing 57 is known to not be as fast as other helmets. Knowing this, I'm assuming that this Rudy helmet could be slower than others.

Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 29, 15 13:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are these the sort of things available at kona ironman village? Sorry to go off-track, im holidaying there at ironman time and hoping to spend my ass off on some saved $$, but I have no idea if the ironman villiage is even big, let alone have any new gear
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy Project AERO-ROAD helmet [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
are these the sort of things available at kona ironman village? Sorry to go off-track, im holidaying there at ironman time and hoping to spend my ass off on some saved $$, but I have no idea if the ironman villiage is even big, let alone have any new gear

Yes. Although Rudy Project and some other vendors (last year was Cobb, Kiwami, and Xterra) usually set up at Uncle Billy's rather than in the actual IM village. Rudy Project also has a storefront that is up Alii drive nearer the finish line that is now open year round.

There will be plenty of cool, new tri-related stuff for you to spend your money on during race week.
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy Project AERO-ROAD helmet [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, this post dates from over a year ago.

Rudy Project started taking pre-orders on the Boost 01 in February, with delivery promised in early-summer. This was when I ordered mine. Delivery has now been pushed back to late-October, early-November, which is really cutting it close for a decent trial prior to this year's IMAZ.

What has me curious, though, is whether or not the timing of this new promised date means that Rudy Project will have the Boost 01 for sale at Kona. If so, could/would they be taking from the pre-order stash?

While I am "sponsored" by Rudy Project (I enjoy a hefty discount and really do think they build a quality product), I am also disappointed in the continually pushed-back delivery date of the Boost 01, especially since they have had product to show since the 2015 Eurobike and saw teams sporting the helmet in this year's Giro. But not much since.

Really, I'm just miffed at not having my new lid and needed to vent, though not quite crying like a little...well, you know. Curious to know from those who are going to Kona whether or not the Boost 01 is genuinely available to those in attendance and what that means for us schmucks who have our orders outstanding for so long.

(As an aside, I've been looking at backup options, including the Kask Infinity and Bontrager Ballista. Thoughts?)

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy Project AERO-ROAD helmet [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird that it is taking them so long to get one to you. I'm seeing the helmet in stock in several European webstores.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Sarcasm.....cool. the Rudy Wing 57 is known to not be as fast as other helmets. Knowing this, I'm assuming that this Rudy helmet could be slower than others.

Correct. Knowing Rudy helmets I can make an educated guess there are 3-9 helmets faster and less expensive.
Quote Reply