Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Polar Device Incoming
Quote | Reply
"Join the movement"

From the tag line, I'd guess it's more of an activity tracker than a sport watch.
Quote Reply
Re: New Polar Device Incoming [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sathomasga wrote:
"Join the movement"

From the tag line, I'd guess it's more of an activity tracker than a sport watch.

Never been a fanboy in my entire life, but just realized I am kind of a Garmin fanboy. Activity trackers are 'meh' for me, more of a gimmick.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: New Polar Device Incoming [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping for a swimming hr belt, just like the one Garmin has.
Last edited by: BreadPudding: Jul 28, 16 10:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sooooo......what's the over/under on how long it will take for them to actually implement the features they'll advertise it has having?
maybe 18 months like the v800?
Quote Reply
Re: New Polar Device Incoming [BreadPudding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polar's HRM technology (GymLink) has always worked under water, so the standard H7 heart rate strap works fine for swimming.

See, e.g., https://flow.polar.com/...g/analysis/718054419

(somewhat tongue in cheek, given the results.)
Last edited by: sathomasga: Jul 28, 16 10:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I know. But the heart rate strap doesn't stay on my body when I'm doing flip turns and fast sprints in masters sets.
Quote Reply
Re: New Polar Device Incoming [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
sathomasga wrote:
"Join the movement"

Never been a fanboy in my entire life, but just realized I am kind of a Garmin fanboy. Activity trackers are 'meh' for me, more of a gimmick.

No shit on the gimmick thing.

Every friend I know who has an activity tracking device has figured out how to make it record more than what they're doing.........and they make it do that.

SMH.............
Quote Reply