Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New P3 Pioneer power meter question
Quote | Reply
The LBS is installing a new pioneer power meter on my new P3, and they are having clearance issues. Has anyone installed the Pioneer power meter on a new P3 yet? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Cervelo-Shimano-Asics-NormatecMVP-GU-BlueSeventy-XlabUSA-Skins-Polar-Vittoria-Trico Sports-Skins-3T-CarbonPro Sports-Pioneer PowerMeter-BodyArmor-TriTats-
Quote Reply
Re: New P3 Pioneer power meter question [Paul Timman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The clearance on he Quarq magnet and the frame is super tight, but I found just enough space under the recessed area of the powermeter to install a magnet on the frame close to the BB axle that still fit inside the recess. Had to use a hot glue gun to get the magnet to fit without adding more "stack" that would result in the magnet hitting the Powermeter crank. Not sure if this relates to your issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i dont think they are compatible. the first version wasnt at least. And i douth the second one will be either.

that is reference to pionner with p3 (2014 version)

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an LBS try to install the 2nd generation Pioneer on a 2014 P3 and it didn't work....the chain stay on the non-drive side flares out a little too much (a Stages wouldn't fit either).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking at a P2M or Pioneer power meter to run with DA 9070 Di2 any one have any issues with this set up?
Everyone thats using pioneer like it?

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply