Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New P2 Customization Question
Quote | Reply
So my 40th B-day is coming up and I will be getting a P2 from a local fitter. Bike is set, I don't need wheels or power (although I'd be curious as to anyone's experience on putting a Sram Red 22 Quarq with 10-speed rings on an 11 speed - do I need new rings?)

More importantly, I have a little more in the kitty to spend- let's call it 1500ish-but it would have to be at the bike shop/fitter. What should I spend it on? Thinking cockpit, maybe a Zipp Vuka Stealth or Tri Rig AlphaX (although the latter are back-ordered) plus a good behind the seat system and maybe an aero bento, but what would others do? Thanks for any thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: New P2 Customization Question [sscott43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paint job
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some Alphamantis testing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm.

Well, I think your idea of a cockpit is a good one and from I have seen (I have not owned one) the TriRig cockpit is very, very nice. That's a good option.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Save yourself some money and get the Felt bayonet 3 cockpit, its only 10 or so seconds slower than the Tririg's Alpha but you can angle the extensions to get those 10 seconds back :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're able to ride and get comfortable on the bike and then see from there what you would like to upgrade after a while being on the bike.......
Quote Reply
Re: New P2 Customization Question [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Save yourself some money and get the Felt bayonet 3 cockpit, its only 10 or so seconds slower than the Tririg's Alpha but you can angle the extensions to get those 10 seconds back :)

highly doubt it's 10 seconds slower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I upgraded the cockpit on my NP2. TriRig stem and HED Corseair bars. It's been about a year and I'm still very happy with it.
Quote Reply
Re: New P2 Customization Question [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tririg did the wind tunnel test themselves check the data.

eggplantOG wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:

highly doubt it's 10 seconds slower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am currently engaging in this same exercise on a NP2. I probably won't finish until early next year, but I am considering every detail of my set-up---dipping into power for the first time, Tririg cockpit, brakes, etc. My goal is to make my P2 faster than the much more expensive bike frames while looking very clean.
Quote Reply
Re: New P2 Customization Question [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's it going on your quest? I too have a P2 and this is my goal too (or divorce) so I'd like to see a picture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp's Vuka Aero is very nice. I'd rather get a Zipp product than a TriRig product any day of the week. The OmegaX are a dramatic improvement over the older version, however.

Quote Reply
Re: New P2 Customization Question [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't have it fully built up with new set up till February---when Tririg cockpit will come in. Right now, it is set up on my trainer looking like every other P2 except with 11 speed Sram Force parts on it. But, I'm happy to post pics when it is complete.
Quote Reply