Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New IM races
Quote | Reply
What's the typical timeline for announcing new IM races or changes of dates for existing races? I'm looking at races a couple years out with the following constraints: 1) Saturday race, 2) not during kids summer vacation, 3) not a large weather risk of cancelling part of it, and 4) not imtx since I've done it a couple times and I'm over the lake water. It seems like it's IMFL and that's about it. Any chance there will be new races or a change of date for other races in the next couple years? I'm still surprised there's only one IM in NA the first half of the year.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM races [mkng1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like IM Santa Rosa is calling your name. It moves to mid-May in 2018.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM races [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. For future reference and tracking other races, where do you find that info?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only 4 North American races that are Saturday are Santa Rosa, Texas, Maryland and Florida. If you are willing to go international, you add a few more, such as New Zealand. Several 70.3s on Saturday in the US. Good luck, I only do the Saturday races as well. All information comes from the Ironman website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was in the IMTX thread about why the heck Texas is still going to be the North American Championship in 2018.
Quote Reply