New Garmin watch
Quote | Reply

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when is it avaiable.. i justed cracked the screen of my 310xt

[image]http://breakyourlimits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/BYL-Logo.jpg[/image]

http://www.breakyourlimits.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mmmm

https://buy.garmin.com/...ID=90671&ra=true

"
Dive In
Designed for open water and pool swimming, Forerunner 910XT is water resistant to 50 m (164 ft). It’s our first multisport watch to offer extensive swim metrics, including swim distance, stroke identification, stroke count and pool lengths. It also computes your swolf score to help you gauge your swimming efficiency. (Swolf is a combination of the words ‘swim’ and ‘golf’ and it is a way of calculating a swimmer’s efficiency. To find your Swolf score your lap time is added to the number of strokes you have taken. Eg. if it takes you 20 seconds to swim a lap and you took 15 strokes your score would be 35.) The 910XT’s robust design and easy operations make it suited for other water sports, including paddle boarding.
Because it’s GPS-enabled, Forerunner 910XT even captures the path you travelled so you can view it later on a map in our free online community, Garmin Connect™. This feature can help you analyze your open water swimming and adjust your technique as needed."
Last edited by: notaero: Oct 4, 11 0:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At only $50 more than the 310XT for the base line model it looks very good. I'd be in like a shot for one of these, especially if the swim metrics holds true. No details obvious as whether it's GPS distance for open water swimming. Guessing for the pool you'd set your pool length and rely on accelerometers recording the turns and strokes.

I did check the date! It isn't April 1

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By looking at the specs it is still like a brick with the 310xt being slight smaller height but the 910xt being a touch thinner. The also weigh the same. I have the 310xt and I don't see what the problem is with it. It does its job as it is supposed to do. Only thing it doesn't have is there thing called SWOLF but that doesn't bother me. Maybe just maybe they may have fixed the cracked screen issue because they have embedded it this time below the bezel

Alex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope they have sorted out the raised screen as well.................
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap it's actually bigger than the 310xt via the specs...DOH!!

The wait continues...
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although it is still huge at least its all black. It actually looks pretty nice. I never liked my grey/red forerunner 305's looks. I think I will stick with the swimsense watch for swimming. No need to lug the Garmin to the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
masterslacker wrote:
Crap it's actually bigger than the 310xt via the specs...DOH!!

The wait continues...

It's not actually bigger. All the details here (including comparison pics):

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well your rolling pin has me slightly warming up to it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pulled up your site to find some info on the FR60 I just got (new toy!) and lo! a new watch review? I should stop reading those, because my wishlist is now getting upgraded with the 910xt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great review as always, but holy smokes that look entirely too complicated for my needs. I race on HR and time, so all those additional functions would be lost on someone like me. I think I'll stick to switching to the RCX5 in Decemeter.
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it's available for ordering so I pulled the trigger as the thinner profile has me sold as well as all the swimming pool stuff mainly auto counting laps which I stink at.

The order page said it would ship but we'll see if it's a wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 ordered mine as well. Figures....I just bought a Swimsense yesterday! Arrgghhh...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome review! Thanks alot.

Do you have an estimated release date for the general public?

Cheers

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you buy it from? Which site?

thanks

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr Rainmaker. Thanks once again for another awesome review. I can't wait to give the 910xt a try.

Quote | Reply
Quote:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=90671&ra=true

The link posted above...again I got an order confirmation but no shipment confirmation yet but's early in the central time zone still. However, no where on the website when going through the process did it say not released or estimated 2-4 weeks. It looked like every other product so we'll see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No power, no deal.......
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [guest_wa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guest_wa wrote:
when is it avaiable.. i justed cracked the screen of my 310xt

I just cracked mine too. I called garmin and they sent me a new one (or refurbished) for free.

I guess a number of the early models were poorly designed with the screen vulnerable to damage.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [mitchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to DCRainmakers review, the 910xt supports power.
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [multisport4me] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin site doesn't ship international... &@$&!!!!

[image]http://breakyourlimits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/BYL-Logo.jpg[/image]

http://www.breakyourlimits.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [mitchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of support for power. Including TSS, IF and NP and left/right for the new pedal-based power meters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing as the 910 has NPower, when is the software update coming for the Edge 500?
Quote Reply
Re: New Garmin watch [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
Seeing as the 910 has NPower, when is the software update coming for the Edge 500?

Likely the next few weeks. The aim was for the Edge 800 a few days ago, but typically they release firmware updates on Friday's (no idea why, it's just a pattern thing). The Edge 500 was supposed to be right after that, and then the FR310XT directly after that. The thought was everything pretty quickly, not months or anything.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next