Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Frame - Need someone with frame painting experience to read this
Quote | Reply
Bought a new Cannondale SuperSix road frame...the acid red color. Have owned it for about 10 days. I've observed some very odd things about the paint. I am wondering if this paint job was not properly "cured" or if it was done incorrectly to begin with.

1. There are lines in the paint, not gouges or impressions, but lighter-colored lines where the rubber straps from my bike light are mounted. I tried to clean them or rub them away and they're permanent.

2. Infinit temporarily "stained" the paint. I had some Infinit leak out onto the frame and it dried. I went to wash it off and there were dark spots all over the frame where the Infinit was. When I wiped it with a wet rag the stains stayed there. I scrubbed it with a rag and it wouldn't budge. Then, an hour later, the stains were all gone. Almost like they evaporated.

The LBS where I bought the bike is aware and they will take care of me. Not worried about that. Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this before or has any idea what this could be.

Thanks.

Quote Reply