Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Crank recommendations
Quote | Reply
I have a road bike with 10sp Ultegra mainly with a FSA PFBB30 crankset.
(FSA Energy 130BCD,53/39 I think)
Recently I got an Ultegra 11 sp groupset cheap so snapped it up. the current one I didn't really check any of the details and it's not actually particularly useful to me. Luckily I have enough bikes that the parts will all get used eventually so not all bad.

All I really need at the moment is a new crankset. Since Shimano doesn't make a 30mm crankset (that I know of), I'm looking for a decent (compact) crankset for daily commuting and general training use. 105/Ultegra quality preferred. Given the hills on my commuting route compact cranks would be nice so I get to use the big ring once in a while. I don't want some uber high end vapour ware power meter version.

What say you all?

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: New Crank recommendations [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRAM Force 22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would simply buy a bottom bracket adapter and use the Ultegra crankset.
Quote Reply
Re: New Crank recommendations [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are Ultegra crank axels long enough to fit in a PFBB30 bottom bracket? Aren't they too short or are they just too short for the BB86 and BBright shells?

I need to set up a spreadsheet to log all the various types of stuff on my various bikes. I know I have just about every shifting system going (except SRAM and Campag) but I have:
downtube shifters
Stem shifters
bar end shifters on 2 bikes)
grip shift (8speed for my 1995 QR)
Sturmey archer 3sp
Nexus 3sp (grip shift)
STI (8,9,10 and now 11 sp)
rapid fire on my MTB
(no shifters on my unicycle or single speed)

BB's is almost as long list :-(

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano road cranksets fit perfectly in BB30 and Pressfit 30 frames with the proper adapter.
Quote Reply
Re: New Crank recommendations [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Shimano road cranksets fit perfectly in BB30 and Pressfit 30 frames with the proper adapter.

Sweet!
Now I just have to order a Wheels Mfg one to replace the 30mmdiameter I bought recently. Thanks for the heads up.

TriDork

Quote Reply