Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Cervelo Coming
Quote | Reply
So who wants to start the speculation on what they will be introducing? I mean the P5 is pretty damn nice as it sits so interesting to see where they takes things.

http://www.cervelo.com/...e-simply-faster.html
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, Cervelo has announced they are making an announcement in... half a year.

This strikes me as unusual since it may give pause to anyone considering a bike purchase between now and then.

Thoughts?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly what I was thinking. Were I a shop that stocked Cervelo I'd be livid. That said, I wonder if the T-5 is coming...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like a great marketing idea to me. They have the history to back up that it will most likely be something interesting with the exception of the P4 hiccup. I would probably hold off if I was in the market on upgrading as most likely they will be shipping with the announcement I would imagine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its true that it might pause the purchase decision. However,
- there is propably a pretty big peak in purchases in spring vs. Autum so the effect is propably smaller at this stage
- its propably good assumption that this bike will the priciest ever. So it prpoably doesnt have any effect on P2s and P3s. They also have propably noticed some trend of people choosing the p3 over p5 with almost similar benefits. So again impact is less..
- the byers are in this price category researching every tunnel data/ whitepaper etc out there.. If the buying decision are turning more and more towards felt IA, scott plamas5, new canyons etc. This announcmnet might hurt more the competition than cervelo..

—
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who out there is going to forgo a current Speedmax or Trinity for a bike about which absolutely *nothing* has been announced? Not many, if any. On the other hand, if you're thinking about going to a P5 or upgrading your older Cervelo and have strong brand loyalty, then this might make you wait. This makes sense if it is interpreted as a lack of faith in the P5 to compete with the newest bicycles.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Who out there is going to forgo a current Speedmax or Trinity for a bike about which absolutely *nothing* has been announced?

We are talking about Cervelo here, which is likely the most trusted triathlon cycling brand with regard to aerodynamic performance.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [JanneK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, you will get alot of people saying "new bike coming out so I can get a great deal of last years bike on clearance now" .............clear out inventory
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
georged wrote:
Who out there is going to forgo a current Speedmax or Trinity for a bike about which absolutely *nothing* has been announced?

We are talking about Cervelo here, which is likely the most trusted triathlon cycling brand with regard to aerodynamic performance.

Exactly what I was thinking James. I wouldn't buy any bike on the market right now. I can't wait to see what they come out with

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 7, 15 17:19
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
georged wrote:

That is true and well said!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Who out there is going to forgo a current Speedmax or Trinity for a bike about which absolutely *nothing* has been announced? Not many, if any. On the other hand, if you're thinking about going to a P5 or upgrading your older Cervelo and have strong brand loyalty, then this might make you wait. This makes sense if it is interpreted as a lack of faith in the P5 to compete with the newest bicycles.

There are a lot of people with P5s waiting for something new. I've had mine for 3 yrs, nothing wrong with the bike but the new bike itch does start to come into play.
Most testing shows that the best other brands can do is match the P5, so not much point in switching.
I think this move is mostly to make sure that current Cervelo riders don't stray. At this point Cervelo has to focus on retaining market share in Tri, not growing. So neutralising threat from Specialized/Trek is the main concern.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
georged wrote:

There are a lot of people with P5s waiting for something new. I've had mine for 3 yrs, nothing wrong with the bike but the new bike itch does start to come into play.
Most testing shows that the best other brands can do is match the P5, so not much point in switching.
I think this move is mostly to make sure that current Cervelo riders don't stray. At this point Cervelo has to focus on retaining market share in Tri, not growing. So neutralising threat from Specialized/Trek is the main concern.

Agreed. With a new Shiv possibly in 2016/2017, Cervelo needs to retain market share. As we have seen from most of the other brands, they can only beat the P5 at high yaw angles or at least come close to matching it. No one has beaten the P5 from -7.5 to 7.5 degree yaw.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Post deleted by buzz [ In reply to ]
Re: New Cervelo Coming [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh really? Most yaw people will experience is -10 to + 10. High yaw angles are not very common

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my money says it looks like the scott plasma just like every other bike that's been coming out lately
also it has more stack and less reach
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Oct 7, 15 18:54
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Agreed. With a new Shiv possibly in 2016/2017, Cervelo needs to retain market share. As we have seen from most of the other brands, they can only beat the P5 at high yaw angles or at least come close to matching it. No one has beaten the P5 from -7.5 to 7.5 degree yaw.

With that said, I really wonder how much "aero" is left on the table. There have been a couple of serious companies with serious engineers (Felt and Scott) take a stab at both the SC and P5 with the results being no clear advantage. I'm guessing there's *maybe* 5w left on the table.

IMO, the next wave of superbikes will hold the line in terms of aero while focusing on storage integration and rider comfort.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed with everything you have said. I still want to see data from the A2 tunnel on the Dimond and Ventum

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
Seems like a great marketing idea to me. They have the history to back up that it will most likely be something interesting with the exception of the P4 hiccup. I would probably hold off if I was in the market on upgrading as most likely they will be shipping with the announcement I would imagine.

The P4 was f'n awesome.

Quirky to work on like a mofo, but it was, and is, a fast, aero bike.
I was faster on my P4 than I am on my P5 (due to the higher stack on the P5).

"Anti-lock" R brakes were a feature, not a bug.
Brakes - all they do is slow ya down.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We haven't had good numbers from the Ventum yet. I do worry that we're going to struggle in the integrated-nutrition age, where so much is conditional. It was easier when you just stuck a bottle on the seat-tube and called that your number.

In my opinion there's a lot of drag to be saved in the drivetrain, which currently drags in the wind. Shaping the bicycle around that, and the possibilities offered by electronic shifting and braking, is where further gains can be found.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disc brakes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have structural concerns about some of these UCI Illegal bikes like the Ventum. The double diamond approach is the strongest way to make a bike. However, the Dimond sure is awesome to look at. The new fork really makes that bike look amazing

Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 7, 15 19:57
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
georged wrote:

The threat is from within IE 405.6 days to to delivery…..hopefully they fix that.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was the P4 hiccup?

------------------------------------------
http://www.twhatley.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep that's why i deleted my post right away, i realized i'd misread you :-)
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo Coming [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eggplantOG wrote:
my money says it looks like the scott plasma just like every other bike that's been coming out lately
also it has more stack and less reach

I seriously doubt that.

Also all aero bikes are - to a degree - going to look like each other. If anything that validates each individual companies' effort into aero R & D.
Quote Reply

Prev Next