Prev Next
New Canyon on their website
Quote | Reply
Available to order in december:
https://www.canyon.com/...als/speedmax-cf-slx/
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I need a cold shower after looking at that :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting it says it's optimized for averaging around 50kph / 30mph since only a small fraction of actual consumers will come close to that.

Seems like they are insinuating they could have made a faster bike for slower people.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am officially pissed off I bought my speedmax last year. This is the first time I have expressed nothing but love for it, but the new one looks to have so much more.

It must be like finding out the girl you married a couple of years ago has a sister who's a unicorn (hot, fun, smart and not mad) and has always been secretly been keen on you.

You're still happy with your choice, but if you had your time over...

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will guys in the U.S. find out that the love of their life is unobtainable because
she's afraid of traveling across the pond?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it!
Two questions:
(1) How's it compare aerodynamically to Cervelo P5 and others?
(2) How much? (a lot I'm sure!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
I am officially pissed off I bought my speedmax last year. This is the first time I have expressed nothing but love for it, but the new one looks to have so much more.

It must be like finding out the girl you married a couple of years ago has a sister who's a unicorn (hot, fun, smart and not mad) and has always been secretly been keen on you.

Do tri forum folks get this reference or does it belong in the Lavender room? Better post your Gartner magic quadrant on this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it!! It just makes sense to have everything you need integrated into the bike. I dont want to even hear the price as Canyon is usually very proud of their products? and what is really THAT different than the new Plasma? They look very similar.

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:

heart rate is rising..

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guys at the Kona Expo said the top of the line all tweaked out option would be around 7K. I asked him two more times to make sure I heard him right. He said by going direct they can get really competitive with their pricing and said they will be in the U.S very soon but couldn't give me a firm timetable. The bike looks awesome in person even more so than how it looks on their website.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a link to the Tech Paper https://www.canyon.com/...eedmax_CF_SLX_en.pdf The tech paper has no aero data in it

The integration they have designed is really well thought out. It's a beautiful bike

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 8, 15 14:19
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that price is true, and if they start selling it in the USA... I am buying one.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fishgo wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:

Do tri forum folks get this reference or does it belong in the Lavender room? Better post your Gartner magic quadrant on this.
Unfortunately my bike is more like the red headed stripper named Tiffany...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That really looks awesome. The integrated storage for pretty much everything (hydration, nutrition, and spares) appears well thought out. Me likey.

Spot

Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:

Hey you still have a great bike and to me the "old" Speedmax CF looks like a more pure TT racer whereas this looks like it has two lunchboxes strapped on. They call it integrated, I call it drag and drop. No real mention of whether the lunchboxes can be removed and how it looks then.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
COJO wrote:
I love it!! It just makes sense to have everything you need integrated into the bike. I dont want to even hear the price as Canyon is usually very proud of their products? and what is really THAT different than the new Plasma? They look very similar.

Is this a real post? Canyon is by far one of the most reasonably priced companies when it comes to their bikes and offerings.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, I know. I love my speedmax to bits, and am currently reaffirming my love now it's coming out of it's winter hibernation.

But the cyclist in me whispers new bike.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody have a size/geometry chart or link?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my love has switched from a diamond to a canyon! Anyone want to buy a neon yellow SC?

2023: unknown
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kyle h wrote:
COJO wrote:

Is this a real post? Canyon is by far one of the most reasonably priced companies when it comes to their bikes and offerings.

Perhaps youre right? Maybe I am combining availability in the U.S. and rarity in the U.S. and assuming an exotic price tag. I love the bike so.....I hope youre right.

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:

Too late.

Last edited by: trail: Oct 8, 15 19:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surely several months of Frodo prancing around Europe on this machine should have prepared you?

I am trying to save for a house and this machine is very tempting.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a very pretty "technical paper". But no aero data suggests... something. They even show wind tunnel tests in the document, so their absence is surprising.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hold on,

You were saying that you thought that these integrated front ends were "fugly" just a few days ago on the Giant Trinity thread:

spot wrote:
TrekGeek wrote:
Liaman wrote:
A lot of people find them ugly though.

Absolutely ugly!

Agreed, fugly.

Spot
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
It's a very pretty "technical paper". But no aero data suggests... something. They even show wind tunnel tests in the document, so their absence is surprising.

I wondered about this too.

Looking at the document as a whole, I think that they made a mistake naming it a "technical paper" since there was little in it that was technical - it was more a brochure of sorts. Perhaps something was lost in translation from the original German.
When you consider that there is no empirical information of any sort (geometry, weight, etc.) then the absence of drag data seems less strange.

FWIW, I trust that the new Speedmax will be right up there.
The previous Speedmax has been shown to be up there with a P5 (Tour Magazine), and I would be surprised if this one wasn't faster to some degree.
I'm hesitant to point to the pro splits that have been laid down on it as evidence of its speed and not Frodo/Frommold's form, but they have been some really quick times!
Quote Reply

Prev Next