Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Canyon Frodeno with Sram Wireless
Quote | Reply
[url=http://www.hostingpics.net][/url]

This in happenning and it looks very good !
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Frodeno with Sram Wireless [charlot12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so fresh and so clean.... wow!!! Can't wait for the top 3 or maybe 4 (maybe FSA???) to offer electronic wireless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just think how pretty it would look without that ugly front derailleur.

Not in love with that front hydration pod. And did he sharpie out the sidewalls of his Turbo Cotton tires?

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Frodeno with Sram Wireless [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:

Not in love with that front hydration pod. And did he sharpie out the sidewalls of his Turbo Cotton tires?

Yup. He's a pro; no freebees.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:

I'd be surprised if those were Turbo Cotton. The logo on the Turbo Cottons is very small, and it's also on the tread, NOT on the sidewall. It wouldn't take that much sharpie to black it out. Certainly nothing you'd see in a photo of that resolution. Plenty of fast skinwall tires out there...

I will say that Jan is pretty emphatic though about not wanting people to know what he uses when it's not from a sponsor. So if he isn't working with a company on tires, I'd bet he'll black out the logo.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:

Roger that. If the shift pattern allows it, I see a perfect gateway to a road 1x system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I commented in the Rapp 1 x 11 thread that it would be cool to have a 1 x 11 wireless set up so clearly it is possible now. Come on Rapp, when are you going to show us your newest set up?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Frodeno with Sram Wireless [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a 1x fanboy, I am less interested in electronic with the absence of a front derailleur. A lot of complexity is added to replace a single cable that moves the chain up and down the cassette.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agreed re: hydration....looks like the front piece of the plasma
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Frodeno with Sram Wireless [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
agreed re: hydration....looks like the front piece of the plasma

Yep, that's what my speedmax is missing... I can wait on the wireless

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
As a 1x fanboy, I am less interested in electronic with the absence of a front derailleur. A lot of complexity is added to replace a single cable that moves the chain up and down the cassette.

But for the purposes of this thread; the Canyon Speedmax frames are designed for electronic groups only so not sure if that would work here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you look at the front page article on Frodeno's SRAM wireless electronic TT set up, you see that there are wires coming out of the tail end of the extensions (image below), but there are no wires at the derailleurs. So, SRAM is not pulling a faux-wired-group attempt as they had done last year in the pro peleton. Here's my guess:

The reason SRAM did not allow photos of the TT shifters and the reason there are wires coming out of the extensions is because the shifters are connected via these wires to a separate 'head-unit', aka Bioshift - see image below. Article here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...omated-shifting.html

That's what I'm hoping for: SRAM's new wireless electronic group includes automatic shifting. In a race like Oceanside, setting a cadence of 85 rpm's and then just racing with no need to shift, would be ideal for that front pack of pro men where Jan could stand up and hit 500w and then sit back down to settle into 350w, all shifting done automatically and his cadence kept steady. Though, according to the DC Rainmaker article, over-riding the system to shift manually is easy. I love this idea and really hope SRAM bought this algorithm and incorporates it into their new wireless shifting.... ditching the wires, of course, and allowing users to upload the algorithm into the user's head unit of choice.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Mar 31, 15 11:24
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Frodeno with Sram Wireless [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it's off topic, but I'm loving that hydration system even more now I've seen the close up photo...

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Frodeno with Sram Wireless [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
I know it's off topic, but I'm loving that hydration system even more now I've seen the close up photo...

Seems like having moved the input port away from the main reservoir helps with splashing issues.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing the wires are connecting the aero bar shifters with the brake lever shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think thats a very nice looking machine. Jan can certainly put out some good bike splits aboard this. Love the hydration, brilliant idea for the refill opening.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Frodeno with Sram Wireless [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that's a lot more logical and most definitely correct compared to my prediction... but I'll hope auto-shifting is a feature, none the less

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought perhaps they had the wires going to a transmitter in the frame i.e. to reduce the transmitting range to the mechs. Similar to the junction box you mentioned I guess.

Edit to add - they look like Conti sidewalls? He didn't have much good fortune on the Turbo Cottons did he.

29 years and counting
Last edited by: Jorgan: Apr 1, 15 6:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome ... a bit more insight into things. Hoping this will be a strong offering from SRAM. Seems we Trigeeks are all about electronic shifting and they are loosing profit without a Di2 competitor. I'm still interested in how their TT implementation will be done.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strange there was not mention of sequential shifting in the article or in the quote from Pozzovivo. He only stated that he has to touch both shifters at once to change the front derailleur. I was under the impression that this was optional and that otherwise, the front der. shifting when needed, like the new XTR and the FairWheel sequential Di2 road hacks.

Quote Reply