Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Bike Sizing Advice.
Quote | Reply
I am looking at getting a new road bike and trying to decide between a 54 and 56 cm Specialized Tarmac. Currently I am riding a 56 cm 2006 Felt F1. I really like this bike but not sure it's the ideal size and I am having trouble finding up to date stack and reach data for such an old frame to compare it to the new Tarmac.
I am 5'11" with a 31' inseam and based on the basic sizing I should go with the 56 cm but the last bike I bought was a 56cm B2 pro and it ended up being a bit too large and I needed to get the shortest stem and push my seat way forward even for a tri bike. Fast but very twitchy.
My thought is I would rather have a longer stem on a smaller frame then have to go with a shorter stem like on the B2. From what I have read the longer stem makes handling with deep dish rims better and more comfortable.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

"There may be men that can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontane
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sizing Advice. [powerbarjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you plan on crit racing, then a shorter stem may be marginally quicker through the turns. Otherwise, I agree completely about the smaller bike/longer stem thing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sizing Advice. [powerbarjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a quick table to compare the dimensions of the F1 and the two sizes of the Tarmac. At a glance, it looks like you are a comparable fit on the Tarmac 56.

Quote Reply