Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Bike Help
Quote | Reply
Can someone please help me shed some light on which Aero Road bike to purchase. My overall budget is around $4,000. My plan is to purchase a frame and build it up (I know people say this is more expensive, but when you start to piecing together a new bike, you can actually find parts cheap). The bikes I am looking at right now are the Felt AR1 frame, Cervelo S3, BMC TMR02 and the Boardman. I don't know much about BMC's or Boardmans. Plan on putting Ultegra 6800 groupset and a decent set of wheels. Using mostly for solo rides and triathlons. Things I'm taking into consideration are value, weight and stiffness of frame and opinions of actual owners of bikes. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Help [c1guess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
c1guess wrote:
Can someone please help me shed some light on which Aero Road bike to purchase. My overall budget is around $4,000. My plan is to purchase a frame and build it up (I know people say this is more expensive, but when you start to piecing together a new bike, you can actually find parts cheap). The bikes I am looking at right now are the Felt AR1 frame, Cervelo S3, BMC TMR02 and the Boardman. I don't know much about BMC's or Boardmans. Plan on putting Ultegra 6800 groupset and a decent set of wheels. Using mostly for solo rides and triathlons. Things I'm taking into consideration are value, weight and stiffness of frame and opinions of actual owners of bikes. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Those are good options. If you are in the USA it may be difficult to find a BMC or Boardman retailer and certainly you'll have far fewer retail/service options with these two brands in NA.
For solo rides and triathlons I'd expect that aerodynamics would be something you take into consideration, no?
If you are primarilty concered with value, weight and stiffness of frame I wouldn't rule out the aging Propel and the old Scott Foil. Giant bikes are typically good values and measure quite stiff and the Foil should be on closeout with any retailed stuck with them now that the new Foil has been introduced.

Good luck,
SD
Quote Reply