Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Bike - Unsure what to look for but have measurements
Quote | Reply
Hi Slowtwitch,

I sold my tri bike at the end of my season last year, and I am looking to buy a new one before the start of this year's race season. To make my search easier I saved the measurements from my previous bike (rough measurements, I don't think my measuring skills/methods were that good), but I am overwhelmed now that I am trying to use them to find a new bike. I was hoping yall could help me out with some suggestions!

The vital statistics:
Reach: 414 mm
Stack: 512 mm
Stem: 80 mm, -17 degrees
Bars: Profile T2, 60 mm of rise from centerline of clamp to pads

Based on the articles about fit/stack/reach/stems on this site, it seems to me like I have some wiggle room with the stack and the aero bars (i.e. I could increase/decrease the stack if I do the opposite to the rise of the pads above the base bar), but I should shy away from messing with the reach. Honestly I am unsure where all this leaves me (beyond the fact that there are a ton of possibilities) with regard to a database of stack and reach values like this one: http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach/index.php

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ride it like you stole it
Last edited by: chillwave: Feb 24, 15 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike - Unsure what to look for but have measurements [chillwave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be helpful if you had the pad setback from the bar. Profile T2s have huge adjustment in that direction so it's not possible to make an assumption.
Knowing the saddle height/setback and reach to pads would also do the trick.
Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Feb 24, 15 0:27
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike - Unsure what to look for but have measurements [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoops!

So I think my seat height above the BB was 709 mm, and the setback was 62 mm. (Long legs :) )

I don't think I measured the pad setback from the bar, but they were definitely behind the base bar. From a picture I have it looks like I had the pad centers 20 mm (ish) behind the center of the base bar.

Last edited by: chillwave: Feb 24, 15 6:55
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike - Unsure what to look for but have measurements [chillwave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a list of most of the bikes as of October 2014. These are all in my fit range which is similar to your stack and reach. New ones like Dimond, etc would need to be added.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Feb 24, 15 6:51
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike - Unsure what to look for but have measurements [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is really helpful. Thank you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its probably safe to say that you could go same or up to 1cm shorter in reach(and go to a 9cm stem) or same stack or about 1cm shorter in stack and use a -6 or -10 stem.

so 404, 502 to 414, 512

Really the stack on the frame could be higher if you used a low stack bar, and reach could probably be 1cm in either direction and made up for by extension length/stem.

The good news is that is in the range of lots of bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike - Unsure what to look for but have measurements [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:)

Quote Reply