Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Ambit 3 sport
Quote | Reply
I am looking into getting the new ambit 3 by Suunto for my triathlon training but it is all Bluetooth, anyone know good Bluetooth accessories for speed cadence / power / heart rate????
Quote Reply
Re: New Ambit 3 sport [rdraskin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stages power meters support bluetooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PowerTap has a BT end cap for the G3 hubs which will provide power, speed and cadence. There are plenty of BT HRM including the Suunto Ambit 3 heart rate monitor ;)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can always do what I plan on and get an Ambit2S on steep clearance and get ANT+ compatibility as well. The only new trick of the Ambit3 is the HR while swimming, only while using their strap, which I keep hearing people say falls back to their waists.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mio Link is a Decent Heart Rate monitor with Bluetooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email directly from Cyclops, to update my SL+ to Bluetooth requires a full rebuild to a G-series, $450. It just became a winter training wheel for TrainerRoad. My Ambit3 is on order because new tech inspires me to train.
The Suunto does come with an HRM strap, for like $50. So the question becomes with sensor for cadence. I think Wahoo makes one.
Last edited by: mpderksen: Aug 23, 14 1:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Wahoo Blue SC for a year now and it's worked great for speed and cadence. For HR I use their TICKR Run, which gives HR and also run cadence, which maybe you don't need with the Ambit (I have no idea). I've also had no problems with it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ambit 3 sport [Spillicus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spillicus wrote:
I've been using the Wahoo Blue SC for a year now and it's worked great for speed and cadence. For HR I use their TICKR Run, which gives HR and also run cadence, which maybe you don't need with the Ambit (I have no idea). I've also had no problems with it.

The Ambit has cadence built into the watch itself and works great. It's been there for a while on the Ambit 2 and I've been using it.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply