Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need training/road helmet suggestions
Quote | Reply
Help! I am utterly overwhelmed with the choice of helmets out there! I need a new training helmet for hot rides in central Texas. I have a race helmet so aero is not a huge concern but ventilation, comfort amd crashworthiness are. I am leaning towards the Lazer Gensis because it looks well vented but has the winter padding option for those cold days as well. Thoughts?

To dumb to quit
Quote Reply
Re: Need training/road helmet suggestions [Chief2Slo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a couple Genesises and they were pretty good helmets, especially if you live somewhere cold so the shell /liner are useful. They aren't quite as ventilated as the best giro /specialized /bell models. Make sure you try one on. Their shape is a nut closer to giro than to bell.

If you're really interested in safety, look into something with mips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Catlike makes a very breathable helmet. My Giro Aeon breathes quite well and the Giro line fits my head perfectly. With a decent amount of hair I never worry about winter riding and if it gets down to "too cold" which in Texas (dallas area) is like 50 degrees with 20 mph winds then I might bring along a beanie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride the Louis Garneau Course. It's likely the best all round helmet I've ever ridden. I'm in Toronto and in this summer we have temperatures as high as 90 with some heavy humidity. I rode my longest ride of the year (130km/90mi) and there was not a moment of overheating.

LG COURSE

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kask mojito! I didn't know a helmet could ever be comfortable until I got mine. I love it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The buzzword in helmet safety these days is MIPS which is supposed to be better at protecting your brain from rotational damage. You might want to look into that. Manufacturers are adding it to their current lineups.
Quote Reply