Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need technical advice for Shimano + Quarq DFour
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I currently have an ultegra 6800 crank set. As i want to upgrade my setup with a Quarq Power meter i got few questions:

1. I found out i need to get a new Bottom Bracket (Currently Have a Shimano Pressfit BB86), will any sram gxp bb fit?
2. As i don't want to buy a whole new powermeter if i get a new bike / upgrade to Ultegra R8000, Will the Powermeter still fit with the new groupset (As the other version, i.e. DFour91 seems to be especially built for this purpose) or could i just use the whole crank set, with R8000 derailleurs etc.?

Many thanks for any help and or suggestions on how to make this "project" work efficiently.

Best regards,
Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Need technical advice for Shimano + Quarq DFour [Vanity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah just switch your BB86 (Shimano) bottom bracket to the gxp pressfit 86 and you are good to go
Quote Reply
Re: Need technical advice for Shimano + Quarq DFour [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And what about a possible later upgrade to Ultegra R8000 (with a possibly new bike)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the new Dfour91 and R8000 chainrings to run with your current 6800 group, if you upgrade just move it from the current bike to the newer one.
Quote Reply
Re: Need technical advice for Shimano + Quarq DFour [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art M. wrote:
Get the new Dfour91 and R8000 chainrings to run with your current 6800 group, if you upgrade just move it from the current bike to the newer one.
So the R8000 Chainrings are compatible with the current Ultegra Derailleurs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, they are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would it also be "reverse compatible"? I mean using cranksets from 6800 with derailleurs of R8000?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just get the Shimano powermeter. It's cheaper and more reliable.
Quote Reply
Re: Need technical advice for Shimano + Quarq DFour [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:
Just get the Shimano powermeter. It's cheaper and more reliable.
Cheaper, really? You can get the dfour for $800, the adds I seen for the DA FC-9100-P are around $1800.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vanity wrote:
Would it also be "reverse compatible"? I mean using cranksets from 6800 with derailleurs of R8000?
Yes, that will work as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano Powermeters are WAY more expensive...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$1200 and you get DA chainrings which are $2-300. And no need to change the BB. It's far superior to the Quarq, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And way too soon to talk about reliability. Not to mention Quarq is pretty good in that regard.
Quote Reply
Re: Need technical advice for Shimano + Quarq DFour [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:
$1200 and you get DA chainrings which are $2-300. And no need to change the BB. It's far superior to the Quarq, too.

Based on what?

blog
Quote Reply