Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need suggestions on how to ship a bike from...
Quote | Reply
Long story short, built up a Scott Solace 10 frameset with DA 9070 for the wife's birthday back in May but the frames geometry is just a tad too big so I am wanting to get her a Scott Contessa Solace 15. Problem is that none of the local dealers have this bike in stock but I found it in stock at some dealers in a couple other states (Portland, Cincinatti) but Scott does not allow dealers to ship their products. Any ideas/suggestions on how someone located along the Texas Gulf Coast can accomplish getting this bike which should still be in the box, shipped home?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Sep 23, 14 7:42
Quote Reply
Re: Need suggestions on how to ship a bike from... [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just used BikeFlights to ship from Texas to Virgina for a total of $47.
Quote Reply
Re: Need suggestions on how to ship a bike from... [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought of that but will companies like that actually pickup the bike? The main problem is I am not going to be local to the city in which the actual purchase occurs, otherwise I could handle the leg work myself - guess I am needing a courier service to pick up the bike.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Sep 23, 14 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FedX ground. Buy it from the shop and have FedX pick it up in your name.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Need suggestions on how to ship a bike from... [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Bought the bike this morning and called the store and the manager suggested exactly the same thing. I have a FedEx account but at the moment, I am not sure how exactly I get the shipping label to the shop for a FedEx ground shipment?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't think of that. You could fill it out the put it in a FedX envelope and over night it to the shop.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Need suggestions on how to ship a bike from... [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scan the label and email it to the shop. I do that almost every day for shipping around the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Need suggestions on how to ship a bike from... [kbinzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried to handle the process online but after 3 attempts on FedEx.com, it appears the FedEx's web servers can't handle the current online volume as I was not able to access the required page to create the shipment so called FedEx on the phone. From there I found out that I could schedule a FedEx Express shipment and would have to email them the shipping label or for significantly less money, schedule the pickup as a FedEx ground shipment in which case the FedEx driver prints out/attaches the call tag/shipping label with a transit time of ~4-5 days.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply