Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need some creative help with BMC Time Machine
Quote | Reply
All right BMC gurus, I need a little help with a Time Machine (current model).

I have a client who needs to get lower...4cm lower. 2cm will come from spacers under the pads/extensions, but I need the other 2. Here's what I want to know: Has anyone ever mounted the arm pads directly to the base bar and under-mounted the extensions with the Profile mounts? I know it's an ugly solution, but it might be the only choice we have. I don't see a lot of BMC's come through so don't know the hacks people have found, and clearly I'm looking for a hack, not what BMC says is doable.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Need some creative help with BMC Time Machine [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it the newest model, with the ugly tall v-riser option? If so, they do make a flat TT stem.

If it's the older model, then you should be able to use any standard clamp aero bar.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Need some creative help with BMC Time Machine [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
current model, with low setup.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Need some creative help with BMC Time Machine [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim,

I've done this on a couple of bikes... although not the new BMC. It takes some creativity with all the spare profile extension parts in the parts bin. It's possible on the Felt IA because the Felt has inboard and outboard holes for the extension mounts, so I bolted the pads to the basebar through the outer holes and mounted extensions using Profile parts to the bars through the inner holes.

Something like this might work.

Jim@EROsports wrote:
All right BMC gurus, I need a little help with a Time Machine (current model).

I have a client who needs to get lower...4cm lower. 2cm will come from spacers under the pads/extensions, but I need the other 2. Here's what I want to know: Has anyone ever mounted the arm pads directly to the base bar and under-mounted the extensions with the Profile mounts? I know it's an ugly solution, but it might be the only choice we have. I don't see a lot of BMC's come through so don't know the hacks people have found, and clearly I'm looking for a hack, not what BMC says is doable.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have actual experience, nor can I find a good closeup shot of the bike, but....

It appears to be Profile Design hardware, like which is found on the Scott Plasma. And I have seen that setup with extensions slung under. Jodie Swallow did it.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply