Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need more Race Directors
Quote | Reply
Any of you people "in the know", know what the % increase in membership to the USAT in relation to the % increase in races (race entries) in the US? It feels like membership is going up faster than race spots are increasing. It is getting to a point in So Cal that you have to sign up for small-time olympic distance races 6-9 months in advance. I used to do all my sign-ups on race day or the day before at the expo... ahhh, the old days. Sounds like a solid business opportunity for one on you entrepreneurs.

Come on, someone step-up and put Race Director on your resume.
Quote Reply
Re: Need more Race Directors [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Come on, someone step-up and put Race Director on your resume."

Never in a million trillion billion years. Why? Triathletes that why! While a vast majority are great, hard working, grateful people that %1-3 of ungrateful status addicted, elitest trolls would ruin it for me. The insurance wouldn't cover me getting out of jail after I deck some moron who got in my face about there not being enough port-a-johns or letting purple shirts in the race.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Need more Race Directors [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to pick nits...but what I think is missing are race underwriters. There are quite a few outfits that will, for a fee, conduct a great event. It's the process of pulling together enough money to pay for it all that lacks people. It's expensive to put on a triathlon, and the obvious sponsors in most areas are tapped out at an event or two a year. Many good race directors could handle more events, but run out of ideas on how to raise enough money.
Quote Reply
Re: Need more Race Directors [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My tri club put on a race this year for the first time. Goody bag offered more than an ironman....awards were as much as you could spend. 18 year old girl wins her age group, shes the only one in it. Gets a 15 dollar ceramic mug, 30 dollar fold up chair with race logo on it, gets up to the awards stage and says almost directly into the mic...."ummm, my race shirt is the wrong size" ahhhhh.. the joys of race directing!
Quote Reply
been there done that [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I created a duathlon that was in its 5th year this year. I have handed the race over to some other people now. I also stepped in as race director for a sprint distance regional championship triathlon when the race director had to be gone serving in the military. I would love to do race directing full time but it is expensive to get started, so if you would like to fund a startup race production company let me know. I will get some races for you.

-------------------------
http://www.ventuscustoms.com Custom Bicycle Painting.
Quote Reply