Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need help with handlebar upgrade on SC 7.0
Quote | Reply
I purchased a '13 Speed concept 7.0 last year and want to upgrade from the bontrager bullhorn handlebars. What are the best options for this? I'd still like to keep the same clip-on bars and the same spacing with them. Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with handlebar upgrade on SC 7.0 [huskerdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just upgraded (aka replaced my cracked bullhorn) on the same bike roughly (2011 Trek SC 7.5). Anyway, if you're keeping the clips, you really only have a couple options of current stuff: Zipp Vuka Bull and Profile Aeria (sp?). I'm sure there are a couple others out there but that was all I got recommended from my mechanic.

FWIW.. I went with the Zipp, really like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt Devox aluminum base bar is probably the best bang for your buck IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Race X Lite Bullhorn on mine and love them.
http://www.bontrager.com/model/07000

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if memory serves, the 7.0 came with the Race bullhorn...one width, round section from end to end, somewhat large upturns at the brake levers. for the price-conscious, the Race Lite gives you three width options, aero cross section between the clamp and the bulls, and a less prominent upturn at the bulls.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with handlebar upgrade on SC 7.0 [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
I just upgraded (aka replaced my cracked bullhorn) on the same bike roughly (2011 Trek SC 7.5). Anyway, if you're keeping the clips, you really only have a couple options of current stuff: Zipp Vuka Bull and Profile Aeria (sp?). I'm sure there are a couple others out there but that was all I got recommended from my mechanic.

FWIW.. I went with the Zipp, really like it.

Did you get one with the drop or no drop? I think I might have trouble adjusting to the drop, but maybe not as I rarely get out of aero position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I debated the same thing and got the zero drop. 100% satisfied with my decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I replaced my 2013 SC 7.0 base bar with a Zipp Vuka Alumina bar and I'm very happy with it.

Alex
Quote Reply