Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need help on road bike size selection
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am considering the Storck Aernario as my next road bike but is having problems determining if the Sz 47 or Sz 51 is more suitable for me.

I am 171cm (5'7") tall and is well and comfortably fitted on my current bicycle (Look 765 Sz XS) with 530mm Stack, 355mm Reach, 507mm ETT, 470mm Seat Tube and 138.6mm Head Tube. The seat tube angle is 74deg and head tube angle is 70.8deg. I have about 8000km on this current bike and is very comfortable with the geometry.

Based on those numbers, it seems that the Aernario Sz 47 is a closer fit with 530mm Stack, 381mm Reach, 525mm ETT, 470mm Seat Tube and 124mm Head Tube. I’ll be a little more stretched out and in a slightly more aggressive position but sizing seems to be similar to my current bike. However, the Storck website also states that the Sz 47 is suitable for riders between 160-167cm tall. Being 171cm, does it mean that the Sz 47 would be too small for me?

I had also considered the Sz 51, which is listed for riders between 165-172cm tall, but I am concerned that the 398mm Reach might be too stretched out as compared to the 355mm Reach that I am currently accustomed to. I am also concerned that the geometry for the Sz 51 might be overly aggressive for what I am used to.

Any advise on the above would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help on road bike size selection [Sabre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Storck Aernario has really a strange geo chart .. http://storckworld.com/...aernario-comp-g1105/ .. the 51cm frame has 4mm less stack than the 47cm and way more reach, for comfort this is worse and slightly more seat post wouldn't matter. But the head tube angle for the 47cm is (silly) steep, that can cause toe overlap and causes cornering with more incline ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Need help on road bike size selection [Sabre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are comfortable on your current frame, maybe you just consider sprucing it up with a new group set and maybe some nice wheels or carbon cockpit.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help on road bike size selection [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
If you are comfortable on your current frame, maybe you just consider sprucing it up with a new group set and maybe some nice wheels or carbon cockpit.

Killjoy!
Quote Reply