Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need emergency brake pad help for my tri rig brakes!!!!!!
Quote | Reply
Just got tri rig brakes installed and used the included pads for my alloy brake track training wheels the last two weeks. When I was switching my wheels out to carbon brake track 90 mm wheels for my race this weekend My zipp cork pads don't fit on the tri rig brakes. What the hell do I buy? Am I doing it right? And need it in a hurry. What is the best stopping power etc??!! Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Need emergency brake pad help for my tri rig brakes!!!!!! [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't fit how? IIRC on mine the pad holders were very tight, but any standard pad, including your Zipps, should fit just fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Need emergency brake pad help for my tri rig brakes!!!!!! [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not real good at describing this but my zipp cork pads have a hole about half way through the pad on the opposite side of the brake area. My old brakes the screw went into that area. With the tri rig the screw comes from the bottom or top depending on which side you are working on. The screw would essentially just push down on the pad. Wish I could post a picture.....
Quote Reply
Re: Need emergency brake pad help for my tri rig brakes!!!!!! [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I see what you mean. You have a couple of options:

1.) Install the pads with no screw at all. This should not be an issue if everything is assembled properly since braking forces will push the pads into the holders. I don't strictly recommend this but it'll work in a pinch. If you try to roll backwards with the brakes on you could theoretically pull the pads out and that is bad.

2.) Take a sharp hobby knife and carve out a slot in the back of your brake pad to accommodate the retention screw.

3.) Buy a different kind of carbon brake track compatible pad. There are tons out there. If you want to stick brand loyalty the Zipp Platinum Pro pads do well but they are fabulously expensive. I have had good luck with the Reynolds Cryo-Blue pads which are much cheaper. Look at what brands your wheel manufacturer recommends.
Last edited by: JesseN: Apr 27, 15 19:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the ZIPP Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake and they fit fine. Never tried the cork. Try Amazon Prime 2 day shipping if you have Prime.
Quote Reply
Re: Need emergency brake pad help for my tri rig brakes!!!!!! [Macaroni Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. I am jumping on it now. Leave thursday morning for st. George!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran into this when using the Zipp cork pads on a Speed Concept which also has screws that run across the full pad in a slot. I just cut a groove in them with a Dremel.

I would second the recommendation on the new Zipp EVO pads.
Quote Reply