Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need advice for camping at Deep Creek Lake, MD (Savage 70.3)
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tent camped at Deep Creek Lake State Park for the triathlon?

If so, could you recommend a certain section of camp sites that are ideal? Are there any pieces of advice that will help with logistics?

I assume I could drive out on Saturday, pick up packet / attend meeting, park at my site, sleep, pack up the site Sunday morning, move my car to the triathlon parking area, then head to transition.

Any advice or lessons learned would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Need advice for camping at Deep Creek Lake, MD (Savage 70.3) [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Deep Creek State Park just had one camping area, which is where the Savageman run courses go through. So that would be the location you want, and it would be just across the street from where you need to be for the race and registration. I've camped at Deep Creek a number of times, but never for Savageman since that weekend tends to be cold, wet, and miserable. And then somehow gets sunny and hot during the 70 run. If you do camp, just make sure your gear is warm and waterproof.

http://trainingwheelsrequired.wordpress.com
@KellyNCollier
Quote Reply
Re: Need advice for camping at Deep Creek Lake, MD (Savage 70.3) [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run through that campground every year during the race. The sites all look nice, and I don't think there is really a good or bad section.

I wouldn't even move the car to the triathlon area, especially if you have a Sherpa. You will be really close to the lake.
Quote Reply
Re: Need advice for camping at Deep Creek Lake, MD (Savage 70.3) [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, Kelly and happy.

I do have a lot of tent camping experience, including with cold and rain. I figure I can keep all of my tri gear and bike safe and dry in my car next to the site. The only reason I would move my car the morning of the race would be so I would not need to rent the site for Sunday as well. It sounds like the campground is very close to all of the activities so I can't go wrong. Thanks again.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply