Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Natascha Badmann's Helmet
Quote | Reply
Where can I find an helmet like the one Natascha wears, but with out the Red Bull logos. Can you find this helmet in the US? It also looks a lot like the Jurgen Zack wears?
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann's Helmet [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That helmet is an old model by Bell I think. Not 100% sure though...

They came out in the mid-late nineties, I think they stopped making them years ago.

Paulo

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann's Helmet [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know - I've always wondered about their helmets. They seem so big and unventilated compared to new models - what's the deal?
Quote Reply
Re: Natascha Badmann's Helmet [jabroz01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Natasha's helmet is the old bell vortex (I think that is what it was called) They stopped making it after a fire in one of their factories destroyed the mold. Zachs helmet is the troxel radius. With it painted one cant tell if it is the Ti model or the poly shell version.

The troxel is definatly a fast helmet. I did some wind tunnel testing back in 2000 up at MIT and I compared my troxel to a standard bell phi and a rudy project helmet using different head positions and we came up with pretty suprising results. If anyone is interested in the report email me and I will fwd it to you. (we also tested wheel setups as well)

Jason

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply