Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Name/Flag on Bike
Quote | Reply
Is it douchey for an age grouper to put their name/flag on their bike? The stickers from Pegatin Pro look pretty cool...
Quote Reply
Re: Name/Flag on Bike [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say go for it if you plan on keeping the bike forever. I say no way if you plan on reselling it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think its cool.

stickers can be removed easily.

I'm going to order these: https://www.vcgraphix.com/...-pro-cycling-10-pack

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am by no means even close to pro, ot even close to FOP in eyes of some...I have them on both my bikes. To heck what other people think, if you think it's cool then do it! I love having the stickers on there, and you can always remove a sticker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them on mine. If you think they look cool... go for it.

Think mine are from VC Graphix as linked above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
Is it douchey for an age grouper to put their name/flag on their bike? The stickers from Pegatin Pro look pretty cool...
Depends.... Are you a stud in your age group (consistent TOPer at respected events)? If not, then, Yes, it is major douche-baggery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:

It's your bike, decorate it as you want. Get whatever tattoos you want. Wear what you like. Ride. Smile. Be nice to people.

I have stickers on mine (name w/ California state flag). What's douchey is the 7 TREK labels that I can't take off!

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Name/Flag on Bike [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brushman wrote:
Celerius wrote:
Depends.... Are you a stud in your age group (consistent TOPer at respected events)? If not, then, Yes, it is major douche-baggery.

I am half decent and have had them for years. But even if you are DFL, what is the BFD? Really, just about everybody should have their name and flag on their bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the grand scheme of problems in this world, it is far from "douchey".

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have them on both of my bikes. Can't really see it on my tri bike, since it's dark colors on black. It's just another way to show that it's my bike when taking out of transition or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Name/Flag on Bike [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Brushman wrote:
Celerius wrote:

I am half decent and have had them for years. But even if you are DFL, what is the BFD? Really, just about everybody should have their name and flag on their bike.

This ^^^.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am BOP, vying for DFL. You bet I have stickers on my bike. It looks wicked fast in transition, even if I don't. Plus, I'm a Brit living in the US, so mine have the Union Jack on and it makes me look like some kind of international superstar (again.... only if you're looking at my bike *without me in the picture*).

I got mine through VeloInk, who are an awesome company based in my home state of Maine (buy local!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:

The only thing douchey is the person who cares what someone else chooses to do with their bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Name/Flag on Bike [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered the Stacked version from them. $10 for 4 stickers.

Free shipping is nice.

I also liked how they tell you the final sticker dimensions, the other sites dont which makes it tough to know if itll fit where you want it.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Name/Flag on Bike [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
Celerius wrote:

It's your bike, decorate it as you want. Get whatever tattoos you want. Wear what you like. Ride. Smile. Be nice to people.

I have stickers on mine (name w/ California state flag). What's douchey is the 7 TREK labels that I can't take off!

Best thing I've read on ST in ages. Party on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got some Name/"Flag" stickers for my tri bike except instead of a flag I got the imperial logo from star wars. I wear a stormtrooper cycling jersey sometimes and am generally black and white themed. Its fun, no one notices it but I like the detail. Do what's fun!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Name/Flag on Bike [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done this on my bikes forever- added one to my TT helmet as well, as a bonus helps organize gear/transition zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got extras for my Kids' bikes. They have our last name and the flag of our people, a Taco.
Quote Reply
Re: Name/Flag on Bike [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
I am BOP, vying for DFL. You bet I have stickers on my bike. It looks wicked fast in transition, even if I don't. Plus, I'm a Brit living in the US, so mine have the Union Jack on and it makes me look like some kind of international superstar (again.... only if you're looking at my bike *without me in the picture*).

I got mine through VeloInk, who are an awesome company based in my home state of Maine (buy local!).

Thanks for posting the link, just ordered some for my bikes!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do what makes you happy, not what makes others happy.

Even if you're DFL, put the sticker on if it makes you happy. Run ENVEs or 454s or whatever you want. Run them in your local sprint and come in DFL behind the woman on the mountain bike. There is no "you must be this fast to do that thing". Anyone who gives you crap is just trying to make themselves feel better by tearing you down. Stopping caring about it was the best thing I've done in life.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Tried to embed a pic of my shoes, but it didn't work. Anyways, they are custom and have both my grandparents flags and my name :) https://www.instagram.com/p/BS2P4clA4vo/

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Last edited by: Physiojoe925: Sep 25, 17 14:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We get some printed with a customer's name and our logo (instead of a flag) and mail them to every bike customer. Some put them on. Some don't.

I think they're great. VeloInk does ours. Can't recommend them enough.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Name/Flag on Bike [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
We get some printed with a customer's name and our logo (instead of a flag) and mail them to every bike customer. Some put them on. Some don't.

I think they're great. VeloInk does ours. Can't recommend them enough.

Wow, that is a cool program.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I celebrated qualifying for Worlds by getting name/flag stickers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having your name on your bike might help keep it from being stolen.
Quote Reply

Prev Next