Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race
Quote | Reply
Tired of those south Jersey races that make it feel like Groundhog Day?

How about a run/bike/run/swim/run/bike/run triathlon, with each run being a different route over roads, trails, etc. inside a park. If the lake is cold, you'll have to decide whether to put on wetsuit stuff or just HTFU and save time. 8.35 miles of running, .4mi of swimming, 18mi of biking. Favoring the good runners, but I'm doing it anyway. This sounds like a lot of fun.

Survival of the Mills, on 10/12 (yes, the water might be cold). A poor man's version of SOS.

Here's a cute video of the final 5km run course.

(I am not affiliated with the race in any way, just trying to generate interest in something different)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am making the trip back to the motherland exclusively for this race. As a side benefit, I will see mom and grandma, I suppose.

I really hope it does well and continues. Ross is a great guy and I'm glad he's putting it on

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iank wrote:
I am making the trip back to the motherland exclusively for this race. As a side benefit, I will see mom and grandma, I suppose.

I really hope it does well and continues. Ross is a great guy and I'm glad he's putting it on

X2
There's also a run/bike/run/bike/run du option for those of us who are averse to swimming
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sounds very confusing.
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's really not. Run-bike-run-swim-run-bike-run
You alternate sports, and in the middle of it, you run to and from the lake

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
omg that looks so fun
have to see if I can fit it in
would have to do it after a long run day (training for a marathon) but wth???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

How about a run/bike/run/swim/run/bike/run triathlon, with each run being a different route over roads, trails, etc. inside a park. If the lake is cold, you'll have to decide whether to put on wetsuit stuff or just HTFU and save time. 8.35 miles of running, .4mi of swimming, 18mi of biking. Favoring the good runners, but I'm doing it anyway. This sounds like a lot of fun.

Survival of the Mills, on 10/12 (yes, the water might be cold). A poor man's version of SOS.

(I am not affiliated with the race in any way, just trying to generate interest in something different)

bump - trying to get some love for this potentially awesome new event!
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [ddixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddixon wrote:
klehner wrote:

Well done.

For those of use Real Athletes (™) who are doing the triathlon instead of the lame-ass duathletes, figuring out the clothes to wear during the race will be the eighth leg.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"For those of use Real Athletes (™) who are doing the triathlon instead of the lame-ass duathletes, figuring out the clothes to wear during the race will be the eighth leg. "

Electric socks after the swim..........I'm not a Real Athlete (tm), I'll be nice and warm in the du

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
ddixon wrote:
klehner wrote:

Well done.

For those of use Real Athletes (™) who are doing the triathlon instead of the lame-ass duathletes, figuring out the clothes to wear during the race will be the eighth leg.

What's to figure out? Real Athletes (TM) shouldn't need to do anything more than rock the Speedo! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish I could do this! Definitely for next year.

Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm not able to get to the race website on my work computer. can someone post the race location. i'm in DE. i did the Pine Barrens last weekend. i'll go if its not too much further. it sounds like a stoopid good time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks great. A little too short notice at this point for me, but a definite contender for my 2015 calendar
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
i'm not able to get to the race website on my work computer. can someone post the race location. i'm in DE. i did the Pine Barrens last weekend. i'll go if its not too much further. it sounds like a stoopid good time.

905 Wells Mills Road (Route 532), Waretown, NJ

About 30 miles east of the Pinelands race.

Stupid is the operative word here. :-)

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gienopes wrote:
That looks great. A little too short notice at this point for me, but a definite contender for my 2015 calendar

Might not be on anyone's 2015 calendar if enough people don't do it in 2014...

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's at Wells Mills Park in Ocean, NJ

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I'll be coming from Long Island. It's not so bad because the race doesn't start until 9 am.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, with a 5 week old in the house...
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
It's at Wells Mills Park in Ocean, NJ

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I'll be coming from Long Island. It's not so bad because the race doesn't start until 9 am.

And cash to top 3 OA M/F in both Tri & Du
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it was near by I would be doing it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gienopes wrote:

Don't worry, it gets better.............once they go away to college!

You better get your racing in now.

Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah. This is my 3rd time at this dance. I'll be race ready come spring time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds like just my cup o' tea. I'd be in if I weren't getting married that weekend.

Ex Race Director, put out of business by the Rona
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Triathletes: support a cool new race [ddixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddixon wrote:
klehner wrote:
ddixon wrote:
klehner wrote:

Well done.

What's to figure out? Real Athletes (TM) shouldn't need to do anything more than rock the Speedo! :-)

In all seriousness, I'm not planning on wearing anything other than a trisuit. I'll probably put toe booties on bike shoes, and if it's extra cold I'll wear arm warmers and a hat until the swim.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gienopes wrote:
Waaaaaaa

Quote | Reply
Saw this on some flyer I got. Was thinking about it but have no idea what the gear strategy is. Is there one main transition that you keep returning to or are there multiple transition sites? Do you swim with running shoes on? I'm confused.

Anyone with inside info/experience?

---------------
It's not about what you've done, it's about what you're doing!
@trecca17
Quote Reply

Prev Next